-¢нαρтєя тєи-

IT TASTED LIKE black licorice.

But that didn't matter. Because he felt it going down the throat, he felt it burning all the way down to his stomach- but this time it was a good thing. Even the single shot managed to burn a warm hole in the ice cube he had been feeling inside his stomach for so long.

It was the best feeling he had in a long time.

"Good, huh?" Richie asked, already pushing another glass towards Will.

Will downed two more without answering, feeling his stomach turn warmer and warmer with each drink. It was dropping back into an old habit, a habit he thought he'd managed to stop forever. Something he thought was long over.

"Yeah," he exhaled- even though he didn't know if he was telling the truth. He didn't care about the taste, he wanted the feeling, a feeling which he was yet to unlock. He didn't even need to reach towards the shots, as Richie was still pushing them towards him.

"I wonder the kind of drunk you'll be," Richie wondered in amusement as he watched Will drink.
"Aren't you having some?" Will asked, not really caring, but Richie laughed.

"Nah, I want to be crystal clear to take this in- and besides, we can't both be blacked out or we'll end up sleeping in the ally."  He pushed another glass towards Will, then another...

And finally Will was starting to feel his numbness, and his stomach was on fire in the best way possible but he still wanted more... luckily, because the drinks just seemed to never stop coming- and when they were over, the bartender came with more. Richie's still talking voice softened in his ear, the chatter of the restaurant melted into a nice comforting buzz... His vision blurred and came back into focus, and the joke Richie was telling was just so funny he couldn't stop laughing. Everything was happy and perfect and it was the best night of his life.

But finally the glasses were all empty.

"more?" Will asked, smiling at Richie hopefully. He didn't understand why the dark haired boy was laughing.

"I think you've had enough," He said in between snorts of laughter.
"One more," Will begged. His voice was slurring, but he needed more. How could he explain to Richie how much he needed more?

"Nope. Don't want to take you to get your stomach pumped, your boyfriend might murder me."

Mike. Oh god, why did he have to remind him of Mike? The bubbly happiness, the numbness he had finally achieved was overcome with the staggering feel of shame. That only made him more certain: He needed one more drink. Just one tiny little shot.

"Imma get drink," He said, standing up. He had to grasp onto the table a little bit,  but he managed to take a step. Richie got up, still laughing hysterically. Why was he laughing again?

"Yeah, time to go home. Here," He grabbed Will's hand and slung it around his own neck, supporting his waist. They started walking together.

"Are we getting drinks?" Will asked, suddenly confused as to where they were going.
"Maybe you had a bit too much," Richie muttered to himself. Will saw the door of the bar opening-

- and everything went dark.

✴ ⁕ ✴ ⁕ ✴

Mike smiled to himself as he tapped the wheel of the car.

All my lazy teenage boasts are now high precision ghosts- And they're coming round the track to haunt me,

"Turn it up!" Eddie called from the backseat, and Bev obliged as she twisted the volume button.

When she looks at me and laughs I remind her of the facts I'm the king of rock 'n roll completely!

Both Eddie and Beverly joined in, their voices merging together horribly, but Mike laughed and joined them.

Up from suede shoes to my baby blues... Hot dog, jumping frog, Albuquerque! Hot dog, jumping frog, Albuquerque!

Had he blocked out the whole day just to drive to Hawkins? Yes he had. He took Eddie and Bev (who had taken his job as proposal helpers very seriously) and took them on a tour of Hawkins, met up with Dustin, Max and El (Lucas was also going to a college out of town) And had a great morning- went back home and saw his parents and little sister for a great chicken lunch- But the real purpose of the trip, the reason  was a visit he made all alone to a small house on the edge of town.

Will's house. 

He had come all this way just to talk with Will's mother. He basically asked her if he thought his proposal was a good idea: he knew Mrs. Byers knew Will better than anybody, and he was sure if someone could anticipate his reaction even a little bit it was her. He also knew that her approval meant everything to Will, and wanted to make sure she was okay with them marrying at such a young age was he to say yes... After all, she had gotten married young and her experience wasn't the best....

But she gave him the biggest hug, and told him she was very happy and of course she approved.  Her approval, combined with seeing his friends and family and Will's amazing news that morning left Mike very happy.

He felt like, for once in his life, everything was going right.

he dream helps you forget you ain't never danced a step, You were never fleet of foot, hippy! All the pathos you can keep for the children in the street, For the vision I have had is sweeping.

He turned the volume down a bit.

"Anyone up for a late dinner?" He asked, "We can plan a little more... I really want to do this soon."

"Sure," Beverly agreed, but Eddie sighed.
"I better get home or Richie will burn the whole place down. Not as an accident, the idiot is probably just bored out of his mind."

Mike laughed. "Okay I'll drop you off." 

He pressed on the gas a little harder, making the car speed forward into the night sky.

I'm the king of rock 'n roll completely!

Everything felt perfect.