- ¢нαρтєя єιgнтєєи -

MIKE OPENED THE DOOR quietly as he could.

Lately, Will had been going to sleep kind of early- so he always entered the house quiet as possible, just in case. 

The door opened with it's signature creek, causing Mike to sigh. That sound seemed like it was enough to wake the whole building.

although, if he was being honest, some part of him hoped the creek would wake Will up, or that he wouldn't be asleep yet- it had been too long since they had a real night together, and he longed to spend time with Will desperately.

The living room was dark. So was the kitchen. Mike sighed again, a bit disappointed. He knew it was his own fault for staying out late everyday, and that Will had every right to go to sleep whenever he wanted, but still.

Pancakes for one tonight, he figured- but before he went to the kitchen to eat his suddenly unappetizing meal, he wanted to kiss Will goodnight. He quietly stepped to the small bedroom, hoping he wouldn't step on a creaky floorboard and cause a commotion- he knew Will was a very light sleeper.

Carefully, he pushed the door open. 

To his surprise, the room was completely lit: but worse than that, the bed was absolutely empty.
"Will?" He called, trying not to panic.

"Will?" He called again, louder this time, stepping out of the room. The bathroom was empty too, and he couldn't think of a single place Will could be hiding. Where could he be at 10 o'clock at night?

He tried to calm himself down. Will was allowed to be out exactly like he had been out until just moments ago- but he was very worried. Will didn't have any friends here besides the losers, at least not ones good enough that he'd be spending time with them at night. Where had he gone? Could something have happened?

The house looked normal, just as they had left it this morning- aside from the telephone. It was completely crooked, and the strings were all tangled up... What if someone had broken in and-

You're being paranoid, Mike, he told himself firmly, Someone broke in and messed up your phone wires? Will is fine. He can have his own life, he's good. he'll be back soon.

Granted, these thoughts did little to ease his racing mind- but he knew he had to listen to them. He wouldn't be a crazy jealous boyfriend. Will could do whatever he wanted. He would wait for him to get back.

✴ ⁕ ✴ ⁕ ✴

So that's what he did: took a shower, changed into his sweats, and sat on the couch to watch some television while he waited. At least, the TV was running: He had close to no idea what was happening on the screen.

Almost two hours passed by the time he heard heavy footsteps in the whole. He immediately set up, listening. Could it be Will? Unlikely... The steps were too heavy,and he was pretty sure he heard a few heavy thumps of something slamming against the wall- but they kept getting closer, until he heard the lock twist.

He stared at the door for almost 2 full minutes as it rattled. Was someone trying to break in? He was just starting to get worried when the door pushed open, revealing Will.

Even only seeing half of the boy, hidden slightly behind a wall, he looked as gorgeous as ever- his light brown hair slightly messy, his shirt slightly creased, and his hazel eyes glimmering with a strange, almost franctic light- but gorgeous nevertheless. He stayed leaning against the door frame for a few seconds, before stepping into Mike's full view.

"hey, baby! Where were you-?" He started cheerfully, smiling warmly, but Will didn't even look at him. He stumbled towards the bedroom, staggering slightly as he walked. The door slammed behind him.