- ¢нαρтєя тωєиту иιиє -

MIKE DIDN'T SLEEP that night- but Will did. And that's all he cared about.

He never woke up once after falling asleep in the cab. Mike had carried him upstairs, rid him of that horrible gown and into some conformable sweats and put him in bed- and the boy stayed completely asleep. 

Mike lay next to him for a while, stroking his cheeks and hugging him close. Basking a little more in the fact that he had Will again. He looked so perfect asleep... like none of these terrible things had ever happened to him. With his flushed cheeks and slightly parted lips he looked like Mike imagined angels would.

For once, he looked peaceful.

But sadly, Mike wasn't. So after a while he got up, careful not to make even the tiniest of noise, and went to the living room, to think- or maybe it's more accurate to say to gather his thoughts.

He started by calling the Losers: Eddie picked up after a single ring, and when Mike told him that Will was okay he heard the sounds of his friends cheering in the background. Eddie also offered to come over in a few hours- but that Mike refused. They still had things to talk about, and besides, he didn't know if Will was up for company.

A phone call to Hawkins was next. Joyce beat even Eddie, answering before the first ring was even completed. Her relief when Mike told her the good news made his heart pinch. She sounded so relieved, so close to tears: He couldn't imagine what it had been like for her, hearing that her boy was (once again) missing, this time miles away. Having nothing to do about it.

He assured her that brunette was okay now, and promised her they'd come home for the weekend- and her joy at his promise made him feel bad for not offering sooner.

And when finally the phone calls were through and everyone was updated, it was time for the thing that he had tried to avoid: Because even if the monster wasn't back, even if everything was just a huge psychotic test conducted by the lab, not everything was solved.

They still had Will's drinking to deal with.

He didn't know how to help him. He wanted more than anything to help him, he was willing to drop every single thing in his life if it meant getting Will better again; but he couldn't solve this for Will. He had no way to, and that made him so frustrated he wanted (once again) to scream. 

He tried and tried to think up a solution, some way to help, he thought while the sun rose and started to climb up in the skies- but drew blank. He was still deep in thought when he felt something nestle into his chest.

He looked down to find Will, still dressed in the sweats- his hair adorably messy.

"How are you feeling?" He asked softly, pressing his lips to Will's forehead. his eyes looked puffy and red, but he smiled slightly.

"I'm okay. Really, I am." He guaranteed, "Just kinda'... Weird. Everything feels fake."

Mike nodded, "That's totally fair. You had a really rough day." Will shrugged, looking down. He nestled further into Mike, seemingly seeking to disappear into him, and Mike hurried to hug him closer.
"We don't have to talk about it if you don't want to. I just want you to know that everything's okay now- that you're safe."

Will nodded again, still not looking up. He stayed silent for a second- "Mike, I'm so sorry-"
But Mike wouldn't let him finish.

"Nope. No way you're apologizing. You have nothing to apologize for."

"But Mike, I left you-" Will tired again, finally turning his beautiful eyes back to Mike.

"Nah-uh. No apologizing. you did nothing but try to deal with a really tough situation I wish you'd never been in in the first place, and I'm the one who should be apologizing for not noticing your struggles- so here, I'm so so sorry."

Will opened his mouth to protest, but Mike smiled a goofy smile and kissed him before he could. "Just accept my apology, okay?" He mumbled when their lips finally broke, and Will sighed before nodding.

"So how did you sleep?" Mike asked, trying to make his tone normal while his mind was racing for a way to bring the drinking up.

"Really well. I really needed this- but look at you! You looked like you haven't slept for days!" Will pushed Mike away slightly, examining him. Mike shrugged.

"When was the last time you ate? You know what, I'll go make some eggs and then you can go to bed-" Mike almost laughed. Will was already back to taking care of him? How was this boy even real?

"No, babe, just rest. I'm fine, promise. Just sit here with me." He hugged him even closer, until all he could smell was Will's amazing scent, and the light brown hair was blocking his vision.

"mmm," Will muttered, and for a few seconds they just stayed hugged.
"Don't ever leave me like that again," Mike heard himself whispering, so low he was almost sure Will didn't hear him. His heart was so full it hurt.

"Are you sure I can't make you something to eat? Let me take care of you a little," Will said finally.

"Actually... Can we talk a little? Only if you're feeling up for it!" Mike responded, pulling Will back a little so he could see his face.

The moment he said that, Will's face dropped. He ran his hands through his hair before moving from Mike's lap and to the couch beside him, and sighed.

"Yeah, you're right." 

Mike gulped, not knowing how to start- but Will rescued him, talking quietly.

"I guess you know about the.... about the drinking." 

Mike nodded, studying Will carefully.

Will sighed again. "I know it was dumb. I really thought I was done for good... I tried to stay away, I promise. It's just- ugh. I couldn't. I'm not strong enough. It's okay if it's too much for you, I promise I understand if you leave. I'm not your mess to clean up." Will's face twisted with pain, his beautiful features so sad Mike was close to tears himself.

"Hey, hey! I'm not leaving. Not now, not ever," He hurried to say, , "And don't you ever dare say you're not strong. You're the strongest, most amazing incredible person I've ever met, the strength you have to manage to deal with everything you've been through is- is-it's unbelievable." 

Will reached up, wiping something wet from Mike's cheeks- and then Mike realized he was crying. tears on tears were streaming down his face and he couldn't stop them.
"Don't cry, Mikey. It's okay, don't cry." Will mumbled softly, hugging Mike's neck.

"I just want to help you and I don't know and it hurts," Mike said, breaking down. He didn't think he'd ever cried like that- not in front of Will, that's for sure, "Just tell me how I can help you. I'll do anything."

Will didn't respond, just continued hugging him until Mike was able to (mostly) contain himself, from a blubbering mess to just tears at least.

He took a deep breath. "I won't pretend I know what's next because I have no idea. I don't know how to help you get through this, but I do know that you will. And I know that I'll be here right next to you, even if it's just holding your hand during AA. I love you so, so much."

Will was close to crying too now, not as bad as Mike but his eyes were definitely glittering with tears.

"You're the best boyfriend in the world. I don't think I could physically love you anymore than I do. Thank you for not giving up on me." He said, and like the cliche he was Mike hurried to wrap his arms around Will once again.

It wasn't a solve, but at least it was something... And as they hugged, Mike realized there was one thing left- because the little box in his pocket was suddenly heavy again, but this time Mike knew exactly what to do with it.

It wasn't what he had planned, not even close- but maybe it would be even better.

[AUTHOR SAYS]

yup... One chapter left:((