Chapter 9: Waking up

A/N:
Hey guys! Sooooo it's a been quite a while since I last updated. Sorry bout that haha😅Ummm anyway onto the story?

Skylar's POV:

The last thing I hear as I'm half awake is Zayn mumbling my name and hearing a big thump and that's it. I sit up and look at him.

"Uhh Zee?"

I wait a minute before speaking again

"Zayn? You good buddy?"

I shake his body in hope he just fell asleep again. At this point it's been a while since I've heard that thump. So I start to wonder if he hit his head on the roof of the bunk. I bit my lip and crawl over him, got out of the bunk and walked away in hope to find Paul or someone. A few minutes later, Paul isn't in the bus or anyway. I pick up Zayn's phone since Louis has mine and I dial Pauls number and hold it up to my ear and wait for his voice to come through.

"Zayn?"

His voice sounded like he was worried or thinking of him.

"Uh it's actually Sky just on Zayn's phone. Hey umm Paul can you come back? I think zee passed out or maybe blacked out and he hasn't gotten up yet and it's been a few minutes.."

I bit on my lip while I wait for him to answer.

*Static noise*

"Uh yeah sure thing Sky. Go tell Payne to keep a eye on him and you keep him company okay and I'll be back soon okay?"

"Okay Paul. I'll see ya soon."

*inaudible words*

"Uh - Yeah see ya soon princes. Don't let Louis or Harry mes-"

That was the last thing I heard before the line went dead. I put Zayn's phone back under his hand and went to go look for Liam. Before I went to look for him. I picked up his ink covered arm and slung it over my shoulder and pulled on it hoping he was just in a deep sleep.

Liam's POV:

I walk out of the hotel to see fans fans and more fans screaming my name and some of them even crying. I stop and sign a few things and take some pictures. I even gave my hat to someone. I wave one last time before getting back on the bus. As soon as I walk into the bus I hear Sky talking to herself. So I peek my head around the corner and look. She has Zayn's right arm draped around her shoulder and she's pulling on it. I walk around and sit on the couch.

"Sky? Need help?"
I ask quietly so I wouldn't scare her.

I notice that she jumped at the sound of my voice. Startled her I'm assuming.

"Liam! How? When?...What?"

I'm guessing that she wasn't expecting me to be here or hear anything.
I laugh lightly and stand up to embrace her.

"Doesn't matter. What matters right now is why were you trying to pull Zayn  out of bed by his arm?"

She mumbles a few things under her breathe that I couldn't quite hear so I shake my head and hug her.

"Don't bother explaining. Go sit down and I'll pick him up and we'll take care of him until he wakes up okay?"

She nods and I let her go and I pick up Zayn and shift his body so I'm holding him like he's sitting on a chair. I set Zayn down on the couch and rest his head on my shoulder and I sit next to Sky. She scoots over and wraps her arms around my arm. I kiss her head gently and she dozes off to sleep. I pick up my phone and call Paul.

"Hello? Are you Liam Payne?"

I'm confused as I put the phone up to my ear. Isn't this Pauls phone? Why wouldn't he recognize my voice? Plus why don't I recognize this voice?

"Yes this is Liam Payne. May I ask why and who is this?"

"Ah yes sorry. This is Doctor Smith. From LA hospital? Paul has been asking when you would call, and he's been worried about you guys a lot. He's been wondering if all 6 of you could come down and visit him?"

Visit him? Visit him where? Wait? Doctors Smith. Is Paul in the hospital?! As I think about all the possible bad things that could've happened to him I get interrupted.

"Mr. Payne? Are you there still?"

I clear my throat and answer.

"Yes. We can come down and visit him. Um I have a question. So one of my close friends hit his head and he hasn't woken up and it's been quite a bit. I'd say it's almost been a hour sooo I'm wondering if you can check him out when we come and visit?"

"Yeah we can do that. We're sending a ambulance your way so he gets here quicker okay and we can make sure he has no damage to his skull okay?"

"Yeah that's okay. I'll get everyone ready and we'll be there soon."

"Bye Mr. Payne. See you soon"

"Bye Doctor Smith.."

I hang up and I bit on my lip. What happened to Paul? What the heck is going on? First Zayn gets knocked out then Paul is in the hospital.

     I rub my eyes and text Niall, Harry and Louis telling them what's going on and ask them if they can meet us at the hospital after what they're finish doing which is a interview with some magazine.

I turn to my side and see Sky sleeping peacefully. I hope she didn't hear me on the phone. I gently shake her side in hopes to get her awake.

"Pssst Sky...wake up. We gotta go somewhere."

She sits up, yawns and stretches out. I smile at her cuteness.

"Where are we going?"

she was now searching through my suitcase trying to find a hoodie I'm guessing. She finds one; of course it has to my favorite one and slips it over her head.

"We're gonna go somewhere and the rest of the lads are gonna meet us there. Zayn is gonna get there a different way" I pick him up and walk out of the bus to see the ambulance waiting. I kiss his head and ruffle his hair and set him down in a paramedics arms. I walk back in the bus and see Sky watching the ambulance speed away from the window.

"Hey he's gonna be okay alright? They're gonna take care of him"
She nods and hugs me. I kiss her head and grab my keys which were in her hand. I turn around and she jumps on my back. Startled I hold onto her and walk out of the bus and to my car.

A/N:
Soo yeah sorry about not really being active lately and not uploading. Well I can say things are uh going decent. High school isn't that bad, well not yet. I don't like my math teacher whatsoever. Yeah he says funny things but that's like it. He "reviews" things way too fast. We have a test like every other Friday and I have no idea how to do ANYTHING ON THEM. Hm