Chapter 6: Strange feelings

POV Helena
As Elisa walks in I immediately come out of the trance I was in while I was looking in his eyes. I don't know why I always feel mesmorized by him but I hate it cause it's damn distracting.

Her eyes wonder from me to her brother as confusion hits her. "What are you two doing in here at this hour?" She sounds really suspicious and that makes me feel uneasy.

I feel my cheeks burn as her curious gaze settles on me. I know how this may look like to her. Me standing here with her half naked brother alone in just a top and some shorts.

Before I can answer Eros takes the word. "Talking." He says and shrugs his shoulders and giving her a daring look. "And Helena was just going to bed, won't you, Love?"

My heart beats rapidly at the nickname. I quickly nod my head and walk straight out blushing like a fool, not even daring to look in those eyes, knowing that when I do I will get lost in them.

Goddamnit, I shouldn't blush like that, not because some mutt calls me a nice nickname. I am a fearless huntress, and huntresses don't start getting feelings for a dog after just meeting him.

I continue scolding myself for my behaviour while I depart to the guest room, trying to remember the way. Before I'm out the hallway I hear Elisa and Eros talking, no, arguing in hushed voices.

I wanted to eavesdrop so bad, but I knew if they caught me that every chance to infiltrate into their pack would be history. Those mutts are not stupid but I'm not either and that reminds me that it will be necessary to contact SSL for more information on Eros. I want to know why he looks familiar to me. And with that thought I arrive at the guest room.

I hurry in and crawl under the covers, clutching the knife tightly in my hand. First lesson on infultration: Sleep with one eye open. You never know who's out to get you.

~~*~~

I can't describe how happy I was when the morning arrived. I haven't slept at all this night. I kept lying awake thinking of where I would know Eros from. But everytime I came up with nothing. Then for a moment I thought back to my youth but immediatly crossed that of the list.

I get out of bed and put my clothes from yesterday back on and strap the knife back to my thigh. After that I fold the pj's and lay them neatly on the bed after I made it. I grab my phone and money and after making sure I looked decent enough I made my way downstairs.

I almost got a heart attack when suddenly a smiling Elisa was standing in front of me. "Goodmorning!" She practically screams. "We were waiting for you!" She cheerfully grabs my hand and drags me to the dining room.

"We?" I ask confused. She hums and before I can ask more she pushes me on a chair in front of a big table. I was feeling wary as at least 20 pair eyes look my way. I was sitting at the corner of the table with Elisa on my left looking absolutely stunning in her sundress. There was one chair empty and I knew immediately who had yet to come.

The guy infront of me is the beta who drove us here last night. He nods at me and gives me one last glance before turning to the girl next to him. I felt really out of place as everyone was waiting to eat till Eros was here.

"So are you friends with Elisa?" A blond haired boy asked me, sitting only a few chairs away. He had charming green eyes and soft features. If you would see him in town you would probably think that he was an innocent boy with a nice family, but the reality is much more cruel. They may look nice on the outside but on the inside they are all animals that need to be killed.

"Yes, I guess so..." I mumble and the boy nods and starts talking with the others.

After a while Eros walked in. A serie of goodmorning and hello's were said and he greets everyone with a soft look on his face. Then his eyes fall on me. Then the corner of his mouth lifts and he gives me the once-over. He keeps staring at me even when he seats himself at the table. I hear that the talking dies down and suddenly I feel everyone's eyes on me and Eros.

Then Eros eyes land on his pack members and immediately they continue their talks.

"Did you sleep well?" Eros voice is smooth and I gulp. I feel my heart beating super fast and I hate it cause I know all these muds can hear it.

"Yeah, but i'll be glad when i'm back home, I feel like i'm overstaying my welcome." I made sure that my voice was soft.

"You ain't overstaying your welcome, Love. In fact, any friend of my sister is a friend of the pa- family." He was quick to cover up his mistake, very quick. But not quick enough.

I pretended to smile and then acted shyly as I look to my plate that is filled with scrambled egg and bacon.

"You take whatever you want, there is enough food." I look up to his face and nod thankfully.

I notice that everyone is busy talking, even Elisa is chatting away in a conversation with the beta and a few others. It's only me and Eros who are being mostly quiet.

Deciding to find some information about him myself I start to small talk.
"So, have you been living long here? In this country I mean?" He looks shocked that I start a conversation but then smiles.

"I already live here 7 years. I remember at the age of 15 how angry I was when my mom told me we were gonna move." He smiles softly at the memory and then his expression falls and his eyes glaze over.

"How come?" I ask softly and he breaks from his trance. He looked sad and I don't know why but I felt my chest tighten at the sight.

"I was just searching for something and I didn't found it." I have a strange feeling in my chest as he says this. Searching for something? He is being really vague about it. "So Helena, tell me something about you?" His fast change of subject makes me even more suspicious about his past.

"Um, I have no parents anymore and some nice people took me in and have taken care about me for a long time." Of all the things I could have said I told the truth. I could have told any lie but I chose to be honest. "And my brother too ofcourse."

He looks sympathetically at me. "I'm sorry."

My heart melts as I hear his truthful apology. "Me too." I mutter so quietly.

And after that no one of us dared to talk after our chat. I ate my plate and politely excused myself as I told them I would go home.

Just as I was gonna reach the door Eros abruptly stands in front of me. "Let me take you home, it's not safe out there, the police have warned to be careful going out alone."

"Why?" I pretend to be scared of his statement.

"You don't have to be afraid Love, but it's just some psycho running around town." He looks deep in thought as he says this.

"Oh my, what happened?" I feign shock and I gasp, putting my hand before my mouth.

"There were a few people killed but I'm sure they are gonna catch the guy fast." Venom is laced into his voice and something about the murderous look in his eyes makes me uncomfortable.

"Do you mind walking with me, I just don't want to take the car." I say quietly meaning to look stunned.

He nods his head and he opens the door and we walk out side by side.

__________________________