Chapter 12: Back on track

Pov Helena
After weeks of being nursed back to health by Luke, I was really glad to be training again instead of only getting permission to go to the bathroom.

I never thought that 3 weeks could take so long to pass when you lay in bed. Luckily he would put movies on and watch them with me the whole night through.

He made sure I only ate healthy stuff. 'To get back on track!' he would say. After a week I was done with the salads and healthy snacks, and I asked him, well more like threatened, to bring me pizza with much cheese.

He complied after multiple threats that were thrown his way. And believe me, I never thought pizza could taste so good after a whole week of rabbit food.

Now I was behind the house in the clearing, ready to start sparring with him. My leg was still not fully healed yet, pink lines already permanentend in my leg. Another reminder why I'm doing this.

To warm up I was running laps. Suddenly Luke came into the clearing and a shot him a smirk.

"It took you long enough!" I call out to him running towards him. He gives me a mocking laugh before he pulls his shirt over his head and gets ready in his stance.

"Are you ready, Athena?" He lifts a brow, giving me a daring look. I smirk and get into stance too.

"Bring it on!" And that's all he needed to hear. I wasn't even finished talking before he already was sending a blow to my face, surprising me as I'm just to late to block. I groan but crouch, kicking his feet from under him making him tumble down.

He grabs my wrist and pulls me with him, Both coming down with an 'Oumph'. I was straddling his hips and I was having the upper hand in battle again.

"Looks like we're in the same position again, Lukie." I say mockingly giving him a winning smile. He suddenly takes me by surprise by kicking me off him and holding me down to the ground with a hand clasped around my wrist and pushing my arm high up my back making me wince.

"Didn't they ever teach you not to be so proud in battle." I growl at him and try to wiggle out of his grip. I then kick my foot back, hitting him straight in the butt, sending him flying forwards and him coming down with an thud.

I stand up and bounce from feet to feet. "Hey, Luke I was thinking of introducing you to those mutts, because they probably think you are an imaginary brother cause they've never seen you." I say as he stands up, wiping dirt from his face.

"Why not?" He asks lurching forward and hitting me in the side, but I hit him straight back but harder. He stumbles back breathing heavy.

I throw him a sly smile. "I bet they'll love you." He makes a face and then dashes forwards again pushing me against the ground, his knees on both sides of me and my wrist pinned against my side.

"When are we going?" He asks as he keeps me pinned down. I struggle underneath him, sweat drops starting to run down my forehead. I try to kick my knees up underneath him but I can't move them.

"I'm gonna call her later." I groan as I try to pull my hands out of his grip. I sigh frustrated and then turn my wrist to the outside making him losing his grip. I push against his chest and he stumbles.

I crawl from underneath him and as fast as I got up he was standing now too. He kicks me in the shin and i falter, losing balance.

Before I can even blink he is behind me keeping me in headlock. And before I can say anything he rubs his fist on the top of my head. That's something he always used to do when we were kids.

"You lose." He mutters in my ear and let's me go as I catch my breath. He smiles at me and I smile back, bending over with my hands on my knees, breathing heavily.

"I'm gonna go inside and take a shower..." I mutter breathlessly and he nods walking back to the house too. I follow and when I'm inside, the first thing I do is running up the stairs and straight to the bathroom.

After a relaxing shower I take a large shirt and a pair of shorts and put them on. Then I grab my phone on the way down and I plop myself down on the sofa, pulling my knees up.

"I'm gonna go take a shower too, I'll be back in a few." He says and walks out the room. I open the case from my phone and grab the piece of paper with Elisa and Eros number on it. I pick the second number and dial it.

After the third ring she picks up.

"Hello?"

"Hi, it's Helena."

"Ow hi, I didn't know you had my number?" She sounds surprised but chirpy.

"Yeah, your brother gave it to me."

"Ow okay, what did you call for?" I roll my eyes at her cheerful voice but push myself to sound as exited as her.

"If you'd like, I would like to have a girlsnight?"

"Oh my god! I would love that, when did you have in mind?" She was super excited, her voice now sounding kind of pitchy, but not in the irritating way.

"I don't know, everything's fine by me."

"Well, what about tonight?" I ponder over this and actually it's the perfect timing, they haven't seen me for weeks and hanging around them will make them trust me more.

"Yeah, that's fine by me!" I gush. "But there's one itsy bitsy problem."

"What is it?" Now she sounds concerned.

"My brother wants to come cause he wants to meet you all." She is quiet for a second probably thinking about the pros and cons of bringing a guy with on a girlsnight.

"Well I guess that won't be a problem, he can stay with my brother, he can use some distraction." My mind wanders to Eros.

"Why?" I ask her, already knowing that it's probably about the death of his pack members.

"Oh nothing serious, he is just always busy that's all. So, I guess I'll see tonight then, around 8?"

"That's fine by me, see you tonight!" I say cheerfully before hanging up. I smile to myself.

The infiltration is going better than planned. Before they will realise it their pack will be wiped away like it was never there. And then I'll go on to the next one.