Chapter 21: A new life

POV Helena

Luke sits himself down looking questioningly at me. I take in a deep breath and sit myself down on the chair in front of him. I open my mouth to speak but decide to stand up instead of sitting.

"I wasn't killed because Eros is the boy from my childhood, Alex." I look at Luke for his reaction. His expression goes from thinking to surprise and to realisation. It was quite funny to see the changes in his features. "He made sure I was treated and that no one could hurt me even though he was mad, what I totally understand of course, for what I've done to his members, his family. He also told me he searched for me after the murder on my parents, and that it wasn't a pack, it were a group of rouges. In the weeks I had been held captive we talked and once he told me that he didn't know why rogues would attack like that. And why they were in a group, normally rouges travel alone."

"What are you saying?" He asks, his face very serious.

"I've killed so many people I once called monsters because I thought I was redeeming my parents but I was punishing them for something they didn't do." I run my hands through my hair, the brown curls tickling my fingers.

"You feel bad about it, don't you? You regret doing all that?"

I nod my head a lone tear falling down my cheek. "And there is nothing I can do to make it right. I've been so driven by hate that I didn't think clearly. And that's why we need to get out of here. Grab your bags Luke, we are now officially on the run."

"What about SSL, Lucien? We can't just vanish without them knowing?" He stands up looking confused.

"We can't let SSL know what happened, and they can't know I've been captured." After saying this Luke's eyes look down. "Please don't tell me you informed them about me being captured?" My tone is desperate and Luke's face speaks for itself, that guilty look plastered all over it. "Dammit Luke!"

"I had to tell them! I thought you were gonna die!"

"They can't know I'm back oké? If they know they might try to come get me but I need to stop hunting Luke, I can't do this anymore. I respect Lucien and everyone from our society but I can't stay here and I can't go back there." He nods.

"Oké, were will we go to?"

"We'll go to Richmond hill, it's far enough from here and SSL won't be looking there for us." He nods, giving me a small smile and then we both walk fast upstairs going to grab all the necessary stuff from our rooms. I throw my door open, walking inside, almost tripping over a shoe, I grab a large duffel bag, putting it on top of the bed  and stuffing my personal belongings in there first, then I walk to the closet grabbing a few jeans, shirts, hoodies, and a few sweaters. Then I grab a few pair of shoes and my underwear, stuffing it all into the bag.

Lastly I open the secret compartment, looking through all the weapons and clothes. I only grab one knife in case I need it and then stuff it with the rest, zipping the bag up, I pull it over my shoulder walking out my room into the hallway, Luke walks out of his room to.

"You got everything you need?" I ask and walk hurriedly down the stairs, Luke hot on my heels.

"Yeah, you?" Our breathing is heavy as we almost run to the car opening the trunk and putting all bags in.

"Yeah. Luke can I have your lighter?" He looks questioningly at me.

"What you need a lighter for?"

"We need to destroy everything that can be led back to us, so also the cabin."

"Are you crazy?" He almost screams. "This is SSL's property, we can't just burn it to the ground."

I grab the lighter out of his jacket knowing it would be there. "Watch me."

I grab a petrol jug out of the trunk. We always have a few with us for emergencies. I screw the lid off throwing it on the porch and walking back in the house although Luke screams for me to stop. I pour the gasoline all over the living room, the couches, the carpet and all the way up to the second floor. When the jar is empty I throw it aside.

I walk back outside to the porch. I turn around and light the lighter, throwing it inside. I see the sparks of the small flames that get bigger by the seconds.

"Let's go!" I scream to Luke who's eyes are glued to the fire. He snaps out of it following me and getting in the car.

He starts the engine and I look over my shoulder to see the cabin being ruled by the fire, it's long flames licking at the wood. I turn back around to Luke and he looks back at me. I give him a small smile and he returns it.

"So we are officially on the run now huh?" His eyes look distant, like he's thinking about something.

I nod my head. "We are on the run now."

Then the car starts and we drive off the Richmond hill.