chapter ii.

chapter two – returns.

  " Okay. . . " Sage breathes out as she rubs her palms against her black jeans anxiously while waiting for the familiar entrance to Blackwood Pines to appear. She was incredibly nervous and had every reason to be so. Hannah and Beth had disappeared on this same mountain about a year ago and Sage and her friends were returning with a killer running lose. " I can do this. " Sage glances outside the window to see the sign saying Blackwood Pines approaching, making her anxiety increase greatly. The brunette shakes her head as she repeats her previous statement, stronger this time. " I can do this. For Hannah and Beth. "

The bus stops suddenly, bringing Sage out of her thoughts and making her anxiety decrease slightly. She made it this far, she could do this. Sage and her friends needed this, to reconnect with each other and remember what they used to be to each other. It was obvious to anyone that saw them together that they had grown apart. Sage had barely spoken to her best friend in the past year, her and Josh only speaking three weeks ago when he had suddenly showed up to her apartment to personally invite her back to the Washington Lodge this year.

" Fuck. " Sage mutters tugging her beanie over her ears more before pulling her jacket's hood over her head. She had forgotten how cold the mountain was and it showed. " I need to get to the Cable Car Station before I freeze to death. "

Sage starts to walk faster, causing her to almost trip over something that was not a rock. She turns and kneels down to pick up the unknown object. The object is turned over by Sage as she quickly realizes it was a Native American totem that meant fortune, if she remembered correctly.

FORTUNE TOTEM FOUND BY SAGE
location: Path to Cable Car Station

      Sage runs as fast as she can, getting to the door and slamming it shut behind her, escaping the wendigo by seconds. She sighs in relief before moving to continue walking.

She had made it.

" These were so cool to me back when we were learning about them. " Sage mutters, reminiscing about how innocent she had been in middle school. She smiles slightly before standing up and brushing the snow off of her jeans. " I miss when everything was normal. "

The nineteen year old shakes her head and walks further down the path, making it to the Cable Car Station after a few minutes. " Thank god. I thought I was going to freeze to death before I saw everyone. "

━━━━
hi, this is really short but i wanted to show sage arriving and her thoughts on coming back and introduce how i'm doing the totems in this story?? chapter three should be soon!

━━━━ hi, this is really short but i wanted to show sage arriving and her thoughts on coming back and introduce how i'm doing the totems in this story?? chapter three should be soon!