chapter vi.

chapter six – ghosts.

Sage could only look highly entertained as her, Chris dressed in a monk costume, Ashley, and Josh sat a table as Chris held up the spirit board excitedly

Sage could only look highly entertained as her, Chris dressed in a monk costume, Ashley, and Josh sat a table as Chris held up the spirit board excitedly. Chris and Ashley had been sent on a hunt for the spirit board as Josh, Sam, and Sage ventured down to the basement to turn on the hot water, and be scared by Chris but Sage would rather not talk about that part of her night.

" So it says here: "to communicate with the spirit world you must free your mind of all preconceptions, drop all inhibitions, and generally give yourself over entirely to the will of others, sublimating your every desire to the whims of the spirit-master", " Sage covers her mouth with her hand as she tries her hardest not to laugh as Chris continues, " Which obviously is me– "

" It so does not say that. " Sage scoffs while shaking her head before Chris continued with whatever he was reading from.

" And all present will remove their garments at my sole discretion– " Chris is cut off by Josh, who looks more impatient than anything else in Sage's opinion.

" Come on, Chris, " Josh states, his voice showing how annoyed he was getting with Chris's antics. " This is serious– "

" I'm deadly serious. " Chris smirks as he finally places the spirit board on the table.

" Oh shush it, let's try this. " Ashley sighs as the four finally focus on the spirit board laying ontop of the table.

" Yes please. " Josh sighs before all of them place their hands on top of the board.

" Okay then. Let's see what happens, " Chris says, almost excitedly, as he turns his head to look at Ashley. " Ashley, since you're a recent convert, why don't you be our medium for the day? "

Sage quickly reached to her left and smacked Chris upside the head, ignoring Chris's dramatic yell, " Chris, she changed religions. She's not a magician. "

Ashley smiles at Sage gratefully before sighing and focusing on the spirit board as the other three grow quiet again while placing a hand on top of the planchette, " Okay. . Um. . Anyone there? Will you reveal yourself to us. . If you're there? "

The planchette doesn't move for a minute making Sage grow annoyed, were they doing this for nothing? She sighs before moving to get up, " If this isn't going to mo– "

The planchette started to move almost immediately after Sage started talking as the four immediately watch it with wide eyes and questioning each other on if this was all just a joke or not.

" Wait a minute– " Chris says while leaning forward in his seat.

" Did you do that? " Josh asks Sage immediately making her shake her head.

" Fuck no! " Sage denies as she doesn't tear her eyes away from the planchette.

" It's moving again! " Chris cries out.