chapter xii.

chapter twelve – something good.

   " Sage? Come on. . " Mike mutters, his face now almost looking as scratched up as Sage's was due to the explosion that the two had just endured. He continues to lightly shake the knocked out brunette, who had a couple new scratches on her face as well. " Come on, Sage. . Please be okay. "

Mike shakes his head, trying his hardest to focus, as he lightly touches the now reopened scratch on Sage's eyebrow and grimaces when he notices the blood on his fingertips. " Sage. . " His heart hammers even faster as he continues to lightly shake Sage, who was still unresponsive.

Moments later, Sage finally starts to stir with a loud cough making Mike sigh in relief. Her eyes slowly open before she weakly smiles at Mike, who was hovering over.

" Holy shit. " Sage groans, not moving from her place on the ground. " How many times am I going to get knocked out tonight? Five? A hundred? "

Mike shakes his head before cupping her face with his uninjured hand as he looks down at her, " Stop getting knocked out, S. Jesus. I'm more worried about you than me after a damn explosion. "

Sage couldn't help but smile as she slowly sat up to be at eye level with Mike. " It's cute that you worry about me, Mikey. I'm oka– " She was cut off by Mike, who had decided to finally do the one thing that he had been wanting to do since he first saw Sage.

He kissed her.

━━━━

The journey through the underground tunnels that Mike and Sage had made was pretty fucking confusing if you asked Sage, but you want to know what else was pretty fucking confusing in Sage's world?

The fact that Michael Munroe, her former friend with benefits, had kissed her! Then acted like nothing had now changed between them. Like what? Michael Munroe was the most confusing man that Sage knew.

" Wait. " Mike holds his hand out and effectively stops Sage in her tracks as he peeks inside a wall grate into the adjacent room. He lets out a sigh making Sage raise an eyebrow.

" What is it? " Sage furrows her eyebrows in confusion as she peeks over the edge of Mike's shoulder once again to see inside the room, gasping at what she saw. " It's Sam! What happend to her? Jesus. "

Mike shrugs, having no idea what happend, before tapping on the wall grate, " Sam. . Sam, wake up! "

Sam slowly wakes up from her drugged induced sleep and squints in Mike and Sage's direction with furrowed eyebrows, " Mike? Sage? Is that you guys? "