𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚗𝚎

¸¸♬·¯·♩·¯·♬¸¸

     AS THE THICK, HUMID AIR rolled into the small town of Derry, the children grew more and more restless. The glowing rays of the sun beat down on the earth, scorching the cement pavements and roads. It was summer, and everyone was grateful for the end of a dreadful school year.

The ticking clocks that were plastered on all the walls of the school had become a nuisance to everyone. Teachers and students alike were all waiting for the shrill ringing of the final bell to dismiss the students. Feet were tapping against the floor, creating a steady beat, as the anxious kids awaited their departure.

A loud shrieking sound from the shiny, red school-bell echoed throughout the large building. Before teachers could let out another word, the students had already left their classroom. There was pushing, shoving, and a lot of loud shouts of exclamation from the students who were excited for the summer.

Bill Denbrough, Eddie Kaspbrak, and Richie Tozier were some of those kids. They had just left their classroom and were walking through the school hallway with large grins on their faces. Their excitement was no different than other kids in the school, as they were also trying to shove their way to the humid outdoors.

As they fought their way through the rampaging hordes of students, their topic of conversation was anything but normal. Their other friend, Stan Uris, was Jewish; they were all planning on attending his Bar Mitzvah later that summer, but none of them knew anything about Jewish practices. They maneuvered around students as they tried to guess what was actually going to happen at the ceremony.

"There is a church of—of Jews. And Stan has to take, like, this super Jew-y test," Eddie told the others, his high-pitched voice soaring over the clamor of his classmates. Eddie didn't actually know what happened at a Bar Mitzvah. He remembered Stan talking to him about it, but he forgot everything that came out of the Uris boy's mouth.

"But how does it work?" Bill asked him, his interest piqued.

"They slice the tip of his dick off," Eddie exclaimed, obfuscating what is supposed to happen at the ceremony.

"But then Stan will have nothing left!" Richie joked with a large grin on his face. The Tozier boy was known for not thinking before he spoke. Whether people believed his comments were funny or not, he didn't stop making them. His unrefined utterances often caused people discomfort.