𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎

¸¸♬·¯·♩·¯·♬¸¸

    CORDELIA'S SMALL FINGERS GRIPPED TIGHTLY onto Stan's green and white polo shirt as the two of them and the others raced after Bill. He was pedaling faster than she was used to so she buried her face into his back to prevent herself from panicking. Stan's heart started beating faster, and he was unsure if it was because of him exerting his energy onto riding his bike or if it was because of Lia holding onto him.

He decided it was both.

When the mass neared the dark and abandoned house on Neibolt Street, Cordelia noticed Bill walking up to the door. His bike was laying haphazardly in the street which the young girl worried about.

"Bill!" Beverly shouted as her bike came to a halt. She hopped off her bike and walked towards the Denbrough boy, with everyone following in suit. "Bill, you can't go in there. This is crazy."

"Look, you don't have to come in with me. But what happens when another Georgie goes missing? Or another Betty? Or another Ed Corcoran? Or one of us." Lia stared at Bill with sympathetic eyes as she heard his voice waver with nearly every word. "Are you just gonna pretend it isn't happening like everyone else in this town?

"Because I can't. I go home, and all I see is that Georgie isn't there. His clothes, his toys, his stupid stuffed animals, but... he isn't. So walking into this house, for me, it's easier than walking into my own." Bill turned around and wiped a tear off his cheek. Lia's hand gripped onto Stan's. She never knew Georgie, but she considered Bill one of her close friends. She hated seeing him upset.

"Wow," Richie hummed.

"What?" Beverly asked him, turning her body to face him.

"He didn't stutter once," he commented. He started making his way over to Bill, being the first person to start following after him. Cordelia let go of Stanley's hand and took a few steps towards the house before she heard a "Wait!" She turned around to see Stan's terrified expression. His hands were brushing his pants nervously as he spoke.

"Shouldn't we have some people keep watch?" Bill stared down at the Uris boy as he played with the front door handle. "You know, just in case something bad happens?" He looked around at the others, seeing if anyone was going to second his idea.

"Who w-w-wants to stay out here?" Bill asked. Everyone raised their hand simultaneously, excluding Beverly. They all looked around at each other before Richie frowned. He dropped his hand down by his side.