𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚟𝚎

¸¸♬·¯·♩·¯·♬¸¸

    THE GROUP TRUDGED AFTER BILL, the murky water now up to their knees. Cordelia had moved up by Richie and Eddie after Stan yelled at her. She occasionally wiped a stray tear on her cheek as the group called out Bill's name. Stanley noticed this and felt guilty, but he was still upset with her. If she had not convinced him to go inside, he wouldn't have been attacked by the flute lady. He wouldn't have bleeding puncture wounds on his face that stung with every movement.

Lia had grabbed onto Eddie's hand as the water grew deeper. The bottom of her skirt touched the greywater, staining the hem. She let out a soft cry when she looked down at her tights that were a brown from her knee down instead of the white they once were. Richie glanced over at the two, wanting to also comfort Lia but he didn't know how.

"Bill!" Eddie screamed which caused Cordelia to wince at the loud sound. "Bill!" Eddie tripped over his feet and fell over into the water, pulling Lia with him. They both gagged when the water infiltrated their mouths. Richie quickly pulled Lia out of the water because he was the closest to her.

"Come on. Get out of there, dude," Richie told Eddie as he held onto Lia. Her leg was still healing from when she fell through the stairs and falling down hurt her leg very badly. "That's greywater." Lia wiped the dirty water off of her face, and Eddie started panicking.

"Wait, wait, wait!" he shouted as he splashed around in the water. "Where's my fucking flashlight?" Suddenly, a head popped out of the water. Everyone let out a scream as more came out from under the water. He quickly found his flashlight before Richie let go of Lia and grabbed Eddie by the back of his shirt.

Pushing Eddie forward, Richie and the others quickly sprinting away from the heads. Water splashed onto all of them as they ran through it. Lia and Eddie were unbothered by the water, seeing as they were already soaked from falling in it.

When they finally found the end of the tunnel, Mike was the first one to run out. He was soon followed by the rest of the Losers' Club, excluding Bill, who gasped at the sight of Beverly. She was floating in the air with her eyes a hazy shade of white.

"Bev!" Ben called out when the flashlights were shining on her.

"H-h-how is she in the air?" Richie stuttered even though nobody knew the answer. Eddie's mouth dropped as he looked around, pointing his flashlight at the large pile of objects. Near the top were bodies of children who were all in the same state as Beverly—unconscious and floating. He quickly tapped on Lia's arm to get her attention, and she raised her hand to her mouth in shock at the sight in front of her.