𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

¸¸♬·¯·♩·¯·♬¸¸

     AS THE GROUP MADE THEIR way to the pharmacy, Eddie started ranting about the dangers of touching the new kid. Cordelia couldn't help but smile at the boy.

"I think it's great that we're helping the new kid but we also need to think about our own safety. I mean, he's bleeding all over and you guys know there's an AIDS epidemic happening right now as we speak I mean my mom's friend in New York City got it just by touching a dirty pole in the subway and she got AIDS blood into her system through a hangnail, a hangnail! And they can amputate legs and arms. But how do you—how do you amputate a waist?"

"Eddie, you're being ridiculous," snickered Cordelia as she placed her chin on Stan's back, letting the cooling breeze run through her long locks of hair.

"You know that there are alleys full of AIDS infected needles, right?" They pulled into an alleyway beside the building before getting off their bikes. Cordelia fell back off the bike and into Richie who laughed at her clumsy mistake. Her pale cheeks turned red from embarrassment, and she hastily adjusted her black skirt.

As everyone else hopped off their bikes, Lia led the boy over to a small wooden box so that he could sit down. He gave her a gracious smile, and she returned it with a grin of her own.

"Richie, wait here," Bill ordered. Cordelia looked up at the brunet and noticed that him, Stan, and Eddie were all ready to run into the pharmacy. "Come on."

Lia glanced back between Richie and the others before following the group. She watched as Eddie rifled through numerous medical supplies, making sure he was getting the right things to help the kid. She glanced over at Stan who was counting the crumpled money that was in his pockets.

"Can we afford all that?" Cordelia asked Eddie, switching her attention between him, the assortment of medical supplies in his arms, and Stan's hands. Eddie's brown eyes looked down at Stan's money which appeared to be only a few dollars.

"It's all we got," Stan frowned.

"You kidding me?" Eddie bit his bottom lip and looked away in frustration. Cordelia rested a hand on his shoulder, but knew that she wasn't really helping any.

"Wait, you have an account here don't you?" Bill asked, turning his head to face Eddie. The latter frowned and furrowed his eyebrows at the leader before taking a step forward.

"If my mom finds out I bought all this stuff for myself, I'll spend the whole rest of the week in the emergency room getting x-rayed." Bill looked over at Cordelia. She shook her head knowing that her mother would abuse her for spending money that wasn't for her grandma's medication.