Chapter 7

Sherlock lay in bed listening to John’s breathing patterns as he slept. The gentle snore was evidence of John’s slight case of sleep apnea; however Sherlock didn’t mind. The funny little whistle that escaped John’s lips comforted him; it was as if to say nothing had changed. Everything was okay. Sherlock reached over and kissed John’s bare shoulder. Normally John would have muttered in his sleep, or at the most looked up into Sherlock’s face with that shy sweet smile; however, this time John’s body stiffened as he quickly rolled over to face Sherlock.

“What is it, Sherlock? Is everything okay?” John asked in a clear, strong, tone. He was instantly alert and ready for any challenge.

Sherlock’s heart beat a little faster as he fought to control the ball of fear that churned in his stomach. John had been sound asleep, so how was it that he came awake that quickly? Sherlock knew that John had a soldier’s ability to switch gears from sleep to fighting mode quickly. However, even a soldier at peak efficiency had a delayed reaction to any given situation. John was instantly awake.

“Sherlock, are you okay? What is it?” John asked again.

Sherlock swallowed back the tears that made his throat hurt and burn as he held out his arms to John. John smiled and as he did Sherlock felt the mental stress that kept him constantly searching for intellectual stimuli, drift away into a cloud of euphoria. John pulled Sherlock’s naked body towards his own until they fit perfectly together. “If we could only stay this way forever,” Sherlock thought as John reached up pulled his head down for a deeper kiss.

“Sherlock, why did you wake me up? Are lonely my detective? Because if you are,” John said in between kisses. “I have a big surprise for you.”

Sherlock laughed as John crossed his eyes. “John, I want the surprise.”

“Good, for I have something new I want to try,” John said as he jumped out of bed.  A few moments later he came back with a blind fold, hand cuffs and some sort of long, pointy things.

“Sherlock, do you trust me?” John whispered as he held up the handcuffs.

Sherlock knew that John was not himself and that he should precede with caution, yet Sherlock craved anything new.  “New, God new was wonderful,” Sherlock thought as he gave John the go ahead.

Without another word John grabbed Sherlock’s arms above his head and handcuffed him to the head board of the bed. The next thing Sherlock felt was John’s hands firmly slipping some sort of collar around his neck and then John grinned down at his captive. “Sherlock, blindfold, or no blindfold,” John asked as he held up a small black piece of material.

Sherlock’s blue eye’s widened with excitement. “Blindfold, Doctor, please and put it on tight this time.” Sherlock’s vision was blacked out as John slowly slipped a blind fold around his eyes.

John did as Sherlock asked and then it was time to wait. “This was the worst and the best time,” Sherlock thought as he struggled to control his breathing. “I have no idea if John will be able to control himself or not.” Sherlock whispered to himself as he tested the strength of the hand cuffs by pulling up on them.  Then Sherlock waited and waited. Had John forgotten about him? For a moment Sherlock felt lost. What if John was gone? “John,” Sherlock called out in panic.

“Sherlock, right here, “John whispered as his warm breath tickled Sherlock’s cheek. “Now prepare yourself, for you have been a very bad boy and you need to be punished. “Then Sherlock felt the slight sting of the riding crop against his thigh as he began to shake with anticipation. Usually in these types of bondage John would constantly check with Sherlock to make sure he was still okay.