Chapter Two

Chapter Two

I examined myself in the mirror, smiling as I pulled my blonde hair into a ponytail. Today, I would be starting as a doctor in the Beacon Hills Hospital. I was excited to finally begin putting my knowledge to work and make a difference in this town.

A soft knock interrupted my thoughts, and I turned just to see Melissa's curly mane peeking inside the room. She was already dressed in scrubs, a thin sweater thrown over her shoulders. I had met her last night, and she told me everything I needed to know about my new job. Apparently, I was the youngest doctor, and everyone was waiting to meet me already.

"Breakfast is ready downstairs. I need to get going already. You mind giving Scott a ride to school on your way to the hospital?" She asked.

I smiled and nodded. "Sure. I'll meet you at work, then."

She closed the door behind her, leaving me by myself. I grabbed my bag and keys, walking downstairs. Scott was at the table, chowing down his cereal. He mumbled a 'good morning' before returning to his food. Clearly, he wasn't happy to go back to school nor a morning person, either.

I fixed myself some scrambled eggs and toast and sat in front of Scott. We both didn't talk, a comfortable silence looming over us. I was wondering about how work would be when he stood up, putting his plate in the sink.

"I'll drop you off at school." I ushered him out to my car, locking the door before striding out to the driver's seat.

He climbed in, settling himself in the leather seats.

I threw my things in the back and revved up the car. Scott pointed out the way towards Beacon Hills High, and pretty soon, we were pulling up to the front. Like any other high school in the US, teens were gathering in small groups, talking excitedly to their friends, with the 'First Day Back' frenzy driving their conversations. I saw Stiles looking around, until his eyes finally landed on us and waved. Scott turned to me before climbing out.

"Hey, you mind coming to practice? I want to get an honest opinion on my lacrosse skills."

I smirked, nodding. "Sure. After school, right?"

He nodded, waving me goodbye before heading off to where his best friend stood, and I pulled away from the school.

I was lucky I had GPS on my phone, or else I would be lost. Melissa had vaguely explained where Beacon Hills Hosital was located, and I barely remembered what she had said. After a bit of looking around and help from my device, I was pulling up to the hospital. A wave of nervousness stopped me from getting out of the car, and I allowed myself a few deep breaths, touching my forehead to the steering wheel.

Relax, Osiris. You'll be fine. Everything's still fresh in your mind. Prove to everyone that you can do the job.

After my little pep talk, I finally looked up and grabbed my things, heading up to the entrance. The nurse at the reception noticed me and smiled warmly, standing up and walking around her desk to greet me.

"Morning, Dr. Furor. My name is Madison Dorsey. I'll be showing you to your office and the facilities." She held her hand out.

I smiled and took it, giving it a shake. "Nice to meet you, Madison. Please call me Osiris. Should we get going?"

Madison briefed me in on the position I would be holding. Apparently, I would be one of the doctors attending to emergency calls, since the retired doctor was in that department. I was introduced to the team of EMT's, who welcomed me warmly, some of the men a little too warmly.

My office wasn't huge, but it wasn't a storage closet either. I barely made a dent in personalizing it, since I didn't bring any trinkets with me. Melissa popped in some time after lunch, congratulating me on the new job. She was in the team of nurses that I would be working with, so it was a bit reassuring to see a familiar face.