Chapter Five

Chapter Five

Later on that day, I was back to watching the boys practice. This time, it was to make sure Scott didn't turn right in the middle of one and expose himself to the whole damned team. They were running drills again, and it seemed that the guy from before, Jackson, was more pissed off than ever.

The coach called up Scott, and he took off into a run, right up to Jackson, who slammed him down to the ground like he weighed nothing. I flinched, hoping this wouldn't get Scott riled up.

Nope. He was pissed.

"McCall's gonna do it again!" The coach announced.

Scott got into line again, and the whistle blew, making him thunder forward. He finally reached Jackson and rammed into him, knocking the poor boy flat into the ground. I saw Scott fall to his knees and run towards him, Stiles doing the same, while the rest of the team ran to Jackson, who was holding his shoulder.

"Scott? Scott, you okay?" I asked, looking at him.

"I can't control it, Osiris. It's happening." He panted.

Stiles' eyes widened. "What? Right here? Now?"

I grabbed onto his shoulders, making him stand up. "Come on. Get up. Come on. Come on."

Stiles and I ran him back to the locker room, leaving the field. I saw Derek stand behind the bleachers as we passed, his face blank of emotion. I shot him a look, hoping he got the message that we had it under control.We finally got to the locker room and Scott began to shed his gear, holding onto the walls for support.

"You okay? Scott, you okay?" I looked at him, hoping he calmed down.

Scott looked up, his eyes a brilliant yellow and his fangs in full view. "Get away from me!"

I fell back, scurrying away as Scott came after me. I finally stood up and ran away from him, trying to find something that would help me fend him off. I slammed against a locker, Stiles right behind me, and watched as Scott easily clambered up on top of them, his stance defensive. I fell back against another row of lockers and continued to run away, hoping that Scott would get a handle on himself. He climbed on a ledge right above us, and we desperately looked for something to throw at him and wake him up. I finally spotted a fire extinguisher that was right beside Stiles.

"Stiles! The fire extinguisher!" I yelled.

He turned and grabbed it, struggling to set it up. He pointed the nozzle towards Scott and pressed the trigger, spreading all the white stuff on him. Scott thrashed around until he finally settled down, landing on one of the benches.

"Osiris...Stiles..." He breathed, taking his helmet off.

We rounded the corner, Stiles with the extinguisher still in his arms.

"What happened?" Scott whispered.

Stiles let our weapon fall, approaching Scott. "You tried to kill us."

"It's like we told you before. It's the anger. It's your pulse rising. It's a trigger." I explained, sitting in front of him and running my hands through my hair.

"But it's lacrosse. It's a pretty violent game, if you haven't noticed." Scott sighed.

I shrugged. "Well, it's gonna be a lot more violent if you end up killing someone on the field. You can't play Saturday. You're gonna have to get out of the game."

Scott shook his head. "I'm first line."

Stiles sighed, before looking up. "Not anymore."

Scott dropped his head, before standing up and grabbing his things. He walked out to my car without a word, throwing his things in the trunk, and climbing in the passenger seat. I bid goodbye to Stiles, and drove back home, not a word exchanged between Scott and I. When we got back, he headed straight for his room, slamming the door behind him.

After a while, Melissa came down, with her bag on her shoulder. "Hey, I got a late shift again."
I nodded, smiling. "Good luck."

"Thanks. Hey, are you taking Saturday off to go to Scott's first game?" She asked, throwing an orange inside her bag.

I nodded. "Yeah. Dr. Schmidt already approved it."

She smiled before walking to the door. She opened it, but turned around meeting my eyes. "Hey, have you noticed that Scott has been weird lately? He looked like death right now."

I widened my eyes, but played it off. She couldn't know. "No. Not really."

She nodded, before taking off. "Bye. See you later."

I ran up to Scott's room and found him sprawled on his bed. "Hey, dude. Try to play it cool. Melissa is noticing that you're acting weird."

He huffed, sitting up. "I know. She thinks I'm doing drugs."

I rolled my eyes. "Well, it does look like it."

Suddenly, his laptop beeped and we both turned, seeing that it was a video call from Stiles. Scott sat in front of the computer and I beside him, then we accepted it. He was pointing some kind of toy gun at us, making me roll my eyes.

"What'd you find out?" I asked.

"Well, it's bad. Jackson's got a separated shoulder." Stiles informed.

Scott sighed. "Because of me?"

Stiles snorted. "Because he's a tool."

I shook my head. "Well, is he gonna play?"

"Well, they don't know yet. Now, they're just counting on Scott for Saturday."

Scott sighed, dropping his head on the table. I rubbed his back, thinking of ways I could manipulate one of the nurses to allow Jackson to play again. Probally Molly. She owed me a few favors.

I looked up, but Stiles was staring at the corner of his computer screen, completely weirding me out. "What?"

He began to type something, and it came up on the screen. "It looks like..."

And then the fucking rainbow wheel of death came up, freezing the screen. I sighed in frustration, trying to figure out what he was trying to say.

"It looks like what?" Scott demanded.

Finally it came up. "...someone's behind you."

I frowned. "What?"

Scott scrolled up, zooming on out camera. And sure enough, a dark figure was right behind us. We turned, and saw Derek grab Scott by his hoodie, throwing him against a wall. I bolted right up, trying to find a way to fend off the psycho.

"I saw you on the field." Derek growled.

Scott panted, screaming back at him. "What are you talking about?"

"You shifted in front of them! If they find out what you are, they find out about me. About all of us. And if it's not just the hunters after us, it's everyone." Derek threatened.

"But they didn't see anything! I swear! Just Stiles and Osiris!" Scott yelled.

Derek shook his head. "And they won't! Because if you even try to play in that game on Saturday, I'm gonna kill you myself."

He finally let Scott go, bolting out through the window, but not before giving me a threatening look. Scott was panting, leaning against the wall for support. He cursed, letting his head fall.

"I swear I'm gonna fucking shoot that guy the next time I see him." I promised, falling on the bed.
Scott sighed, falling down on the floor. "We can't. He'll kill us first."

And for some reason, I knew he was right.