Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

I watched Stiles pace his room, phone plastered to his ear with a very frustrated look on his face.

"Hey, it's me again. Look, I found something, and I don't know what to do with it, okay? So if you could turn your phone on right now, that'd be great. Or else, I'll kill you. Do you understand me? I'm gonna kill you... And I'm too upset to come up with a witty description about how exactly I'm gonna kill you, but I'm just gonna do it, okay? I'm gonna...Ugh! Goodbye." He threw the phone behind me, making it flop on the bed.

He sighed, sitting down on the desk chair. This was one of the first times I had seen Stiles truly quiet, since he was indulged in his own thoughts, just like I was. A knock on the door sent us both flying up, looking towards it.

"Please tell me I'm gonna hear good news at this parent/teacher thing tonight." Mr. Stilinski begged, yet you could tell he already knew the answer.

Stiles shrugged, looking a bit guilty. "Depends on how you define 'good news'."

"I define it as you getting straight A's with no behavioral issues." He stated, raising an eyebrow.

I smirked, crossing my arms. "You might wanna rethink that definition, Mr. Stilinski."

He sighed, nodding and leaving us alone. "Enough said."

Stiles glared at me, disdain and annoyance very clear in his brown eyes. He looked down at Lydia's phone that sat on his desk as the shiny black device taunted us with the cold hard truth. He finally picked it up, and we watched the video of the Alpha running out the store for the hundredth time, yet every single one brought chills and shivers to our bodies, fear coursing through us.

"Come on, Scott." Stiles threw the phone on the desk, slumping down on the chair and looking at his own.
I glared outside, wondering why he had disappeared out of nowhere. "Where the hell is he?"
Stiles grabbed the phone, looking at it for a few minutes, and proceeded to delete the video. I knew what he was doing.

He cared too much about Lydia to tell her the truth, and getting her involved in all this. The supernatural was a tough world to be part of; if you ever knew anything about it, you couldn't forget it, would haunt you for the rest of your life.
I sat on the floor, putting my head in my hands and sighing. We stayed like that for a few minutes, before I stood up and left, not saying one word. Stiles' house wasn't so far away from mine, and I was there in ten minutes, taking a few shortcuts along the way. Melissa was already gone to the parent/teacher conferences, leaving the house alone and deserted.

I retreated into my room, and was about to turn on the light when I saw something move in my balcony. Keeping an eye on the silhouette, I grabbed the pocket knife that I had hidden between a few books, stalking quietly towards the French doors, making sure not to alert the criminal. I raised my hand, ready to stab the person, when their hand snaked out, grabbing my wrist and pulling me towards them, snaring my waist in their arm.

"Osiris. Put it down." I heard a familiar deep voice say, his breath cool on my face.

I let a breath out, glaring up at him with fiery eyes as his emerald ones showed no emotion towards my action. "What the fuck, Hale!?"

He ignored my comment and pulled me inside my bedroom, sitting me on the bed. I regained my calm as he walked around, finally sitting at my desk. He seemed tense and wary, since he constantly looked around for any sign of threat.

"What are you doing here?" I snapped, making sure to add extra venom in my voice for good measure.

"The Hunters found me. They came to my house and tried to kill me. But I learned something first. It was the Alpha. He
killed my sister and used her as bait. The Hunters are looking for him, and since I didn't know where he was, they were gonna shoot me." He explained, running a hand through his hair as he did so.

I sighed, and looked at him, finally analyzing him. I barely noticed he was absolutely shirtless, the moon shining down on his, hard to admit but true, glorious torso. A thin film of sweat seemed to cover every inch of him, a few dirt spots from running through the woods.

His hair was messy, with a few leaves sticking in it, and his eyes looked wild, making him look frazzled and a bit bewildered. His canines were peeking from behind his lips while his eyes still flashed a brilliant blue from time to time, confirming the fact that he was still wound up from the events.

"This is getting out of hand." I ran a hand through my hair and pinching the bridge of my nose.

He walked up to me, kneeling down so his face was level with mine, as if he were making sure I was listening closely.

"Osiris, I need to train Scott, but I can't do it while Allison is around. You need to make him stay away from her. If you think he's gonna see her, do anything to make him stay. I need you and Stiles to be watching your backs too. If you aren't careful, the Hunters are going to find out you two are involved and it'll be bad. They're gonna use you to get to us. Do you understand?"

I nodded, knowing he was right. "Alright."

What the hell has my life come to? I was in danger, and not even because I wanted to. I wasn't a selfish person, and I truly cared for Scott's well-being, but this was getting way out of hand. I had only been here for about two months and a half, and my life had changed more that it had within a few years.

Things I never thought existed were being displayed in front of me. A werewolf was standing in front of me, for crying out loud. Hunters were after him and my roommate, placing the duty on their shoulders to 'protect the human race from the demonic creatures'. It was all too much to deal with, and I hadn't noticed I was shaking until Derek put a hand on my shoulder, shaking me from my thoughts.

"It's gonna be fine. Just be cautious." He soothed, his once cold eyes turning warm and soft.

I looked back at him, smiling sadly. "I hope so. Just end it soon. I want to be normal again."

"Osiris, since you found out about all this, normal was gone out the window. It's your life now." He stated, then stood up and walked out to the balcony, throwing me an assuring look before jumping down.

He left me on my own, making the room feel cold and lonely. I looked out towards the city, were lights were lighting up the dark night. I didn't even know what normal felt like anymore. All normality had left the second I found out about Scott and the rest of the supernatural world. I had stuck my nose way too far inside and now there was no way of getting out. I was in it for life, whether I wanted to or not.

In all honesty, I was very scared, and I was never gonna admit that outlout, because I liked to think that people thought I was strong. Because if they didn't, they might think of me as a weak girl that couldn't handle being under pressure. That's why I strived to stick through this all, no matter which bullets came my way. It wasn't just because of pride only. I wanted to make sure Scott had a normal life, despite the fact that he was a werewolf. Even if it meant I would never get my happy ending.

This was my life now, and there was no going back, no matter how hard I tried.