Chapter Twenty One

Chapter Twenty-One

Wasting no time, I shoved away from the jeep and sped towards the hospital. With my newly found anger and anguish, I desperately searched for the pair, and finally a lucky drift brought their scent to my nose. Winding through halls and rooms, I finally found them surrounded by Jennifer and Peter.

Stiles, being Stiles, was freaking out over the new information and stumbling over his words. Osiris' expression, however, was one of hate and rabid fury. She didn't look like a kitten trying to be a lion. She looked fierce and strong. Authority radiated from her like waves, and stunned me for a second.

Deciding to take out the weakest link, I stood in front of Jennifer and lashed out my elbow, effectively knocking her out. Osiris allowed me a small smile, but I didn't pay much attention to it. What had my utmost focus was the man I used to call family, and now had turned into a savage killer.

At first, I couldn't even fathom the fact that my crippled uncle could be an Alpha. Every time I would visit him, he wouldn't even twitch at my words, much less talk to me. Who knew that the man I've been hunting shared my blood.

"That's not nice. She's my nurse." Peter chastised, jutting his bottom lip out in a pout.

"She's a psychotic bitch helping you kill people." I looked at the two in front of me and motioned them to step aside. "Get out of the way."

Osiris rolled her eyes and groaned, crouching down and scattering away from the scene. "Oh, damn."

"You think I killed Laura on purpose?" Peter stalked forward, assessing me with cold eyes. "One of my own family?"

I growled menacingly, feeling my canines grow and my eyes flash their fierce electric blue. I jumped off the wall and towards Peter, who surprised me by catching me mid-air and slamming me to the wall. I felt the material crack behind my head, eliciting a wave of pain in my skull. Again, he threw me to the wall right beside Osiris and Stiles, and letting me topple to the floor. I groaned and twisted on the floor in pain. An Alpha was ten times stronger than a Beta, and I was a perfect example of that.

Peter caught my throat and hauled me up from the ground, dragging me as he walked forward. "My mind, my personality, were literally burned out of me. I was being driven by pure instinct."

He let me fall right beside Jennifer, and reached out to the pocket of her dress, taking out something. He didn't see as I stood up, finally hanging onto the threads of the strength I had left, and walked up to him.

"You want forgiveness?" I growled, sending a solid right hook straight to his face, barely making him stumble.

Once again, I tried to land a kick to the stomach, and he reciprocated by lunging forward and head-butting me. The blow made me struggle to keep focused, since everything turned blurry for a few seconds.

"I want understanding."

I felt a strong pressure against my abdomen and felt myself flying through the air. I landed on the floor, but still had momentum, making my body flip and finally ended up on the floor, face down.

"Do you have any idea what it was like for me during those years? Slowly healing, cell by cell. Even more slowly coming back to consciousness. Yes, becoming an Alpha, taking that from Laura pushed me over a plateau in the healing process. I can't help that." Peter stated, words icy and full of hate.

His little speech gave me enough time to gather strength, and I stood up, and lashed out at him, but he seemed to dodge my punches easily. As if he were tired with my anger, he caught both of my fists and crushed them. The intense pain of my hands made me kneel to the ground, and he ground the bones together, making me groan.

"I tried to tell you what was happening. I tried to warn you."

He grabbed me by my jacket and threw me on the glass of the reception nearby, making it shatter behind me with a loud crash. If it weren't for my thick jeans and jacket, the little bits of glass would have dug into my body.

I began to crawl away from him, to stay away from trouble and distract him from Osiris and Stiles. Coughs and
grunts made their way out of my mouth, signaling that my body was already tired and weak from fighting the Alpha. Peter's feet crunched against glass as he stalked behind me, step by step. I finally slumped against a cabinet and tried to catch my breath.

"I was going to wait for dramatic flair, but..." He trailed off, looking to the side.

I watched in horror and amazement as his burned side of his face healed almost instantly, replacing it with unblemished skin. He admired himself in a small circular mirror before speaking up.

"When you look this good, why wait?"

He turned around to face me, and I watched him warily.

"Derek, you have to give me a chance to explain. After all, we're family."

I growled threateningly, baring my fangs at him in anger. "You are not my uncle. You've turned into a psychopath out for revenge."

He cocked his head to the side, as if he were thinking. "Maybe you need some incentive."

Peter zoomed to the doorway and grabbed something from it. When he retracted his hand, Osiris' neck was in his grip. She struggled against him, trying to fight her way out, but he didn't even seem fazed by her attempts.

"Now, I'm sure you wouldn't want anything to happen to such a beauty like her. Don't you?" He taunted. "I mean, she would make a fine little addition to the pack I'm forming. With Scott's and her talents combined, I could conquer any place I went. But, it's really your decision, Derek. Will she take your place?"

Osiris' shook her head furiously, and I watched helplessly as Peter let his canines grow and inch his head towards the milky skin of her neck. He inhaled her scent delicately, as if taking in the smell of a flower, and skimmed his nose on the base of her neck.

"Just lovely."

I growled in warning, and he smirked back up at me. "Three seconds, Derek. What's it going to be?"

Once again, Osiris motioned for me to deny his request with a shake of her head. She would rather put herself on the line than to risk Scott's life. She slipped her mouth from under Peter's hand, finally able to speak up.

"Don't you dare, Derek. Don't you fucking dare."

Peter raised his eyebrows at her words, and looked at me for an answer. "Time's up. Who's joining me?"

Osiris fixed her blue eyes on mine, and spoke through them. Then, she looked over to the door, where Stiles was holding a metal pole, and then back at me. She already had a plan.

"I refuse." I stated.

Peter sighed, and 'tsked' sadly. "Wrong choice."

Suddenly, Osiris lashed out with a right hook to his gut and began to run towards the door. Stiles was already standing up when Peter recovered and grabbed her body, inclining it to get access to the curve of her neck, before digging his fangs into her skin.

Osiris thrashed around wildly, but Peter held her down as he transferred the venom into her system. After a few seconds, he let her fall limply on the floor and wiped his mouth with the back of his hand. The red iris began to fade as he transformed back into his normal state, and looked up at me.

"Well, that didn't turn out so great, but who am I to complain when there's a new member in the family?" Peter shrugged, and then changed demeanor as he regarded me with steely eyes. "Here's the deal. If you don't join forces with me, you'll be attending a funeral for your little girlfriend within a day's time. If you do, she gets to live, you get with her, you both get married, have kids, and happily ever after. I think that's a pretty dang good deal, don't you think?"

My eyes strayed down to Osiris, who was knocked out cold after Peter had bitten her. She looked pale and fragile, and it made me itch that I had been the cause of it.

I turned back to my psychotic uncle and nodded once. "Alright. I'll help you."