Untainted

When your eyes open, you can see that Nightwatcher has carefully laid out strips of meat in front of you. You sniff at them carefully, then tentatively lick one. They have a smoky sweetish flavor, you quickly snarf them down.
Nightwatcher is carefully wrapping something in a leaf. You get up and walk over, curious.

"What's that?" you ask

"Ah, I was wondering when you'd wake up, this, is an object of great question, I discovered it someways near the Bird border."

It was a metal twig, about an inch long. The top of it grew bigger and was flat, it also had an X on it. The bottom was pointy, and a strip of metal spiraled tightly down to the tip. I reached out and touched it, but yelped as it seared my skin.

"Oh, don't touch it, you remember how I told you the story of the Great Beasts? The star? Well, the stars, we believe, are our ancestors. When a claw dies, their soul goes up to Glamora, and the pelt the lost is replaced by stardust. They become stars, and a that star, the one that fell, was the beginning of Glamora. The star saw everything was chaotic, so it wanted to help, it threw itself down to the earth and ripped every evil thing from the four that was closest to it." He paused to take a breath.

"All others were to far away, for the star grew weak as it entered our world. When the darkness was pushed to the edges of the world, it solidified, becoming the metal known as iron. Humans eventually figured out how to take most evil out of it, they call that, pure iron, because the star fell we became as pure as diamonds. The remaining dark that was to small to make itself metal, spread itself over the Ghosts, Humans, Birds, Bees, and several more. They can touch it, but descendants of the Great beasts cannot."

"That's why it burned me?" You ask.

"Indeed, this piece, I believe they call a screw, it holds things together, like human dens." He finished.

"Why don't they just live in holes?" You inquire.

"Well apparently they are so high up on their food chain, they build up from the ground. Exposing themselves to numerous predators, and go about their day as quiet as a gang of monkeys."

"Humans are so funny." You both laugh at the thought.