ten

~Regina's POV~

"Hector, please just come back. He misses you. He keeps asking to see you."

"Regina I'm staying here. I'm not coming back. I'm sorry. I'm not a good example for my son. I got all kinds of shit wrong with me. I'm getting help... just leave me alone."

"Hector I know you. What's the matter?"

"I-I wanna die... I want to kill myself Regina." My breath hitches and I sit down. "I-I'm not gonna do it though. I wanna get better so I can see my son grow up. I wanna be there but my mind is fucked up right now. I'm gonna be okay one day, not anytime soon though. Tell Diego I love him and and t-that I'll see him... when I do. I love you too Regina none of this is your fault. I've been like this for a long time. I'll call you later." The line goes dead. I feel the tears roll down my cheeks.

"Mummy? Why you cwying?" Diego asks me. I look at my beautiful baby and cup his cheeks.

"Diego," I sniffle. "Your daddy loves you so so much."

"I love my daddy," he smiles. He look just like Hector.

"I know you do bebé. I love him too. He's gone on a vacation bebé. I don't know when he's coming back but he says that he loves you so much." Diego looks at me confused. "Your daddy is trying his best but needs help."

"I help him mummy." I kiss his head.

"I wish you could..." I hold him close. "I wish you were enough."

"Mummy are you sad?"

"Yes, bebé."

"Kisses make it better?" He worries.

"Yeah." I wipe my tears. He walks away and comes back with the step stool.

"Four kisses mummy happy? I don't want you be sad mamá."

"Yes four kisses will help."

"One... two... three... four..." he steps down and looks up at me. "Mummy you still sad. I give you hug." He sounds so sad himself. He steps back up and gives me a hug. "A big hug make mummy feel better."

"Thank you Diego."

"You welcome. Mummy want some ice cweam?"

"No thank you bebé."

"You gimme ice cweam and I don't be sad no more. I get you a cookie." He jumps down and runs to the closet. "Mummy I no can reach." He comes back over to me crying. "Mummy I don know make happy."

"Diego you make me happy." I pick him up and hug him tight. "You make me so happy."

"I make you happy mummy?" He wipes his eyes. "I do good." He puts the step stool back and goes back to his iPad and headphones.

~Emma's POV~

"Hello?"

"Papi mummy cwying. She no dice (say) why. You come make her happy?"

"Okay I'm on my way."

"I give her kisses but her still sad. You bring cookies ta make her happy. I no reach mines."

"Yes Diego I'll bring cookies. Thank you for calling. I'll be right there." I grab the cookie out the cabinet and put some slippers on.

"Oweos her likes oweos. Me too." I roll my eyes and chuckle.

"Open the door."

"Mummy open the door pwease."

"For what?" I hear how sad Regina is.