Chapter 17: Preliminaries 1

1k views.

This is great.

Thanks for all the views, comments, and votes.

Hope you like this 1k celebration early chapter post.

I chose to split the preliminaries into two chapters due to the number of fighters that will be in this. Remember there are more fighters than there were in canon so it's going to be longer than it was.

I think that a lot of you guys will like who's going to fight who. But I had to keep at least one of the matches the same, mainly Sasuke's match because he needs to get his Curse Mark sealed. Not that it helped all that much in the series.

Now I need to answer a few reviews:

Aiora Titan del Sol Dorado: Not until Shippuden. I'll have a good reason for it awakening by then.

YamiChaos27: Great minds think alike! As for the tablet, you'll have to wait and see :P

thor94: I know it's not canon, but I decided to do something that other authors have done. I found it funny and decided to add it.

Rebmul: This is Naru/Hina/Fuu, there is no adding of Yugito in this story.

mellra: I know I PM'd you this, but I want to make it clear for everyone. Naruto isn't invincible. He may be powerful, but he doesn't have the experience needed. Besides, the Akatsuki have advantages over Naruto, like Obito, who has more experience with Kamui.

Dragon Man 180: Sasuke and Kiba aren't friends, so even if Sasuke killed Kiba, which won't happen, he still wouldn't get the Mangekyou.

biofan09: As I said before, Naruto may be getting stronger, but he still needs experience. As for Sakura, I...needed a reason for her to get her hair cut. I may not like her, but I prefer the short haired Sakura over the long haired one. What I have planned for Jiyu is a secret. And Susanoo isn't going to happen until Shippuden.

nipunkhan823: The nature? Uh, can you count the Shikotsumyaku the nature?

On a side note, Kushina will be refered to as Kitsune for the Preliminary round.

Now on with the show!

(Chunin Exams Tower)

It had been several days since Naruto and his friends had arrived at the tower, and the Second Exam would be closed in only a half hour. Team 8 was currently in a small arena waiting for all the other teams that would pass the exam. There were three balconies that wrapped around most of the room, all connected. At the far end was a large statue of a pair of hands in the Hitsuji seal.

Gathered in the same room was Team 9, Team 10, the Kumo team, the Taki team, the Oto team,and the Suna team. Standing on the balconies were the Hokage, Anko, Ibiki, the Jounin sensei's for the teams, Tsunade, and Shizune. Standing next to Hiruzen was a familiar Fox masked ANBU.

"So what are we waiting for?" Choji asked.

"For the Second Exam to be finished," Naruto answered. "We've got about...30 minutes or so if I'm right."

"I hope Kiba's team makes it," Hinata said.

"That mutt better not cause Sasuke-kun to fail!" Ino growled. Shikamaru sighed and muttered something about troublesome blondes under his breath.