Chapter 1

“Hope! Over here!”

“Hope poes this way!”

“To your left!”

"Hope, Hope! This way!"

“Hope, you are amazing. I love you!”

After that last comment I laugh and yell out I love you back. I am here posing in front of the paparazzi before the 2014 MTV VMA awards. Yes, I’m a singer up for awards. 2 to be exact. Best Female Video and Artist to watch. Over the past year I have become big across the world. I come from Australia. Yep I’m Aussie! I’m 18 and have just hit it big around the world with my childhood best friend. Zack and I both come from Australia and both made it big together. We were best friends all through our young lives and still have our extremely close friendship. We trust eachother fully and are always there when either of us are going through a tought time.

Zack Ashmore, or Zack as I, well everyone call him. He has sandy blonde hair with deep ocean blue eyes. He tall really tall 6’ 5”. In Aus he would de finitely be your stereotypical “Surfer dude” (PS. In Australia that may be different). He taught me to play guitar when I was younger and  how to surf properly. I taught him all tricks. He is sweet and caring to both me and his little sister Lily. Lils is 3 and has blond, curly hair that will smack you across the face when she does one of her infamous spins, trust me I know. She has the same colour eyes as Zack, but probably no where near as tall.

“Hey Tay. You look good.” Zack whispered in my ear while we hugged on the red carpet. Oh yeah I didn’t tell you my real name is Taylor and I keep my identity  secret, so does Zack.

I am Taylor Kelly. As you know I’m 18 and Australian. Well, as you now know I have an alternate identity. The real me as Taylor Kelly have light brown hair with natural Blond highlights that reaches my mid back. It’s naturally falls into soft curls. I’m 5’ 6” and naturally tanned skin. Zack always says he loves my pale blue eyes. He says they look like crystal clear diamonds.

But as Hope Russell, I wear a Brown wig with aqua/ blue dip dyed ends. Tonight It’s curled into soft waves down my back. I have a white crop top that stops above my belly button and a matching white skirt that has a layer of pattern over top. I have a gold chain on that is simple but beautiful. I have the gold bracelet that Zack and Lils gave to me for my 18th birthday early this year. It’s gold with beautifully patterned and with the sweetest message on the inside “We love you both and will always and forever be here- Lily and Zack”.

“Not so bad yourself Mr.” I laugh as releasing him from my tight hug. He did look good. He had black pants with a white dress shirt loosely hanging out. His hair was scuffed up and looked like everything was just throne together last minute.

“You know, it’s so hard to not kiss you right here.” Oh yeah, forgot to say he’s my boyfriend and we keep it secret from the world.

*****

Zack and I were sitting in our seats down the back of all the celebs, newbies spot obviously. Zack was nominated for Best Male Video and Artist to watch with me. We are both not favorites to get it but there is still a bit of competition between the two of us and twitter followers. I have already performed my new song and have an amazing response by the crowd. Even from the people I have idolized my life now are saying that they are fans of my work.

I have my head rested on Zack’s shoulder while he plays with my fingers that in his lap. We’ve been dating since his 17th birthday so now a year and a half. I was first scared that our friendship would break and we would lose each other if we ever broke up. But now, I know that we could never keep being friends without dying from not being together. We would constantly be wanting something more out of each other.

Zack turns his head and kisses into my hair whispering I love you. I look into his eyes and repeat it to. We are know to be close and when anyone asked about rumors we were together we would shrug them off.

"Ok so know we're going to announce Artist to watch." Zack pulls me out of my daze we know this is category but we're probably not gonna win.

"This category has been highly fought about and we are excited to announce the winner as" Whoever it was held along pause. I wasn't paying attention to engrossed in my man. " Hope Russell!"

"WHAT!" I yell out Zack is laughing like an idiot.

He pulls me in a hug. "Well done baby." He whispers in my ear with a soft kid to my hair unnoticeable to anyone. After that he sent me up towards the stage. I slowly walk and reach down and hi-five my fan that are near the walkway.

Once I get to the stage the announcer who happens to be Pink my favorite artists congratulates me. OMG this is not real. I say over and over again in my head a Pink pushes me up to the mic. with my moon man in my hand.

" What?" I whisper. Everyone laughs i guess that was louder than I thought.

"Oh My God. I seriously never saw this coming. Well I'm  guessing you can tell that. MTV people I suggest you have a hand on that drop button. You may need it with me now." A small laugh erupted across the theater. "I'm really not prepared for this. Jack  (That's the name Zack uses as his other identity) and I always keep joking about this maybe happening. God i can't think. Just thanks so much to all of you who voted and of course all the other stuff. Love you !" The last bit more directed to my man. There is a eruption of cheers and even a bit of a chant as Pink guides me off.

"You really didn't see that happening?" Pink asked as we walked off.

"No! I'm still trying to process this. I'm just the young 18 year old from Australia. How did I  get here?!" I questions still totally and utterly in disbelief.

She stops me as we just get out of sight of the audience and before we hit the chaos of backstage. She look me in the eye as I finally  calm down. "You deserve the. 100%. I saw you a Jack. You both were constantly working hard through your first year. You were never being a diva or doing this for the money. I can tell both you and Jack love it and love each other." I give here a fake weird look pretending to be shocked at her comment about Jack and I. "Oh c'mon I know. I wont tell anyone."I hug her and thank her.

"Hey babe." I fell two arms wrap around me. I sigh into Zack’s hold.

After a long night  of dancing  and celebrating we get back to our house, yes we share. We walk up to our room stealing kisses from each other. Once we both changed and in bed Zack and I have a very heated make out session. Lets just say it didn’t stop there.

 Hey everyone out there!

Thanks so much for reading my book I hope it's all good. Please read, vote and comment. Tell me anything that you like anything I need to fix and I need some help with names and characture proflies send me your ideas and I'll try and incorparate it.

Thanks so much. Love you all xoxoxo

Kathy