Chapter 7

"Taehyung?" 

"Taehyung, I know you're hiding under the blanket. It's not like you're invisible."

"Kim Taehyung..."

"What do you want?", he asks me, still under his white blanket. And then, after a minute of silence, he suddenly begins to stutter: "You...Are r-right. I am not your boyfriend or something, but...I a-am still your best friend, right?" 

I want to respond, but the he lets go of his blanket, pushes it aside and he starts staring at me. "Don't say...you found a better friend? Gosh, I was only 5 months away, how can you find a better friend than me, Yuna?"

"Stop! I didn't find a better friend, so relax."

"Puhhh. I would never even consider finding a new best friend, you know?", he says and smiles a bit. "I know, I overreacted."

"You did."

"...And it was just a hug. Wait, was ist only a hug? Did you kiss?"

That was all to fast for me. "No!", I shout, embarrassed of that question, cringed out by the idea that Jungkook could hear us. "We didn't kiss, of course. He just broke up with his girlfriend, so I offered him a hug." Then, my brain stops. Wait. A. Second. 

Wait a second. 

"Wait a second!" I grin at him. "Why would you care?"

Taehyung needs a few second to understand my question but then I can clearly see him blushing. "What? I don't care! I just don't want you to be hurt or something! I've seen those guys in middle school!"

"But Jungkook is your friend," I look at him confused, then I have a weird thought. Maybe he is jealous of him? Okay, I am used to Taehyung minding my business when it comes to boys he doesn't know, but it's Jeon Jungkook, his band member, a guy he's been friends with for two years. 

"Yeah, I know. Come, sit down." He rolls over to the other side of his bed, so I could sit next to him on it (It's really comfortable). "I need you to know something."

"What-" I can't speak properly, because the next moment Taehyung has already kissed me. 

It's not a wild kiss though. More like a butterfly landing on your head. But I can still feel it and I am not sure what it is, but it definitely feels good. 

It feels good? 

This is my best friend. We know each other since we are young and I can remember the times we watched TV at my living room floor, the times, we played in my garden and the times we ran to the bus stop together to catch the bus after school. 

And he kisses me. Randomly, like we've been a couple for ages. Like he really loves me, and not as a friend only. 

And I sit here, on his bed, kissing him back, while I have a crush on his band member. 

I am a terrible friend. 

And then it hits me hard. "Taehyung..."

"Huh?"

"I am hungry," I say, not knowing what to say. 

"You are hungry?" He is really confused. "We had so much popcorn and candy and you said your stomach would explode every moment."

"Well, I guess not right now." I smile at him and stand up. "I need food! Now!" Afterwards I sprint to the kitchen, pretending I was super hungry, even though I am really stuffed. Jungkook, who sits at the couch, looks at me weirdly.

"Did you talk to him."

I nod, but then I already see Taehyung coming into the living room, one eyebrow raised. He watches me open a drawer and grabbing some cookies that I had enough of today, but I still eat two of them, first, because I have no other option, second, because they are pretty delicious. Anyways, after that I say: "I need to go back to my dorm. My roommates probably wait for me so they can lock the door."

Taehyung sighs. "Right. Jungkook, just stay here, I'll bring Yuna back to her dorm."

After a short drive be arrive my apartment building. "Thanks for the ride." I grin at him and want to shut the door, but then I see Taehyung coming out of the car as well. 

"Yuna, sorry."

Why does he apologize? I mean, I am the bad friend, but he doesn't know yet. "It's okay." I smile and hug him for a little while. He hugs me back and we just stand there, in a hug, but I can't get rid of the bad feeling in my gut.

"Goodnight," I whisper and kiss him on his left cheek. Hopefully, he gets that it's a normal cheek kiss between friends. Nothing special, nothing like thirty minutes ago.

"Bye," he mutters and watches me open the door to my apartment building until I am inside, then I watch him drive away through a window a little bit on the side, that he is not able to see from his perspective. 

When I finally arrive my door, Song O is mad. "Where were you until now? You could've stayed there, so I didn't have to wait for you!"

"Hm," I just mutter, go to bed and close my eyes.