chapter seventeen

Kaine

" Come on you gotta try it with me "

Gina raised a decorated candy cup to my lips. I took a sip from the edible cereal straw my mom used to get me and my twin sisters when we were little.

" So how is it ? ", She asked with excitement laced in her voice.

" It's aight. Too sugary for me though ", I responded.

" Oh yeah how can I forget that you don't mess with sweets like that ", Gina said with a small laugh.

Growing up Gina and our other best friend Kyle, thought I was weird because I wouldn't eat sweets. I wouldn't even drink kool aid, soda, and shit like that. That's probably why I got perfect teeth.

Sitting there thinking about the days with just us three has made me realized that moving from Maryland to Virginia messed my relationship with them. Like I don't know where Kyle is and things are just starting to get back to how it used to be with Gina and I.

" Hey guys thanks again for coming to Sugar Rush. Will there be anything else for yall today ", the waitress asked us as she came to our table.

" No thanks ", Gina answered for the both of us. The waitress nodded her head.

" Ok is it separate or together ? ", She asked.

" Separate ", I replied.

Gina quickly broke her neck to look at me. While the waitress held a smirk on her face.

" I'm just playing, it's together ", I said with a laugh.

I paid the tab then the waitress left our table. I tried to pull Gina into a hug but she kept pushing me away.

" Come on G, I just told you I was playing ", I told her.

" Well you needa stop playing all the time then ", Gina responded.

She got up from the table then looked at me. " Let's go im over this place ".

I stood up and she grabbed my hand then intertwined our fingers together. Then we made our way out of the restaurant. We continue to walk towards my whip.

" Hey Kaine... There's something I wanted to ask you ", Gina said. She looked at me with a smile on her face.

I returned the smile and said, " Yeah go ahead and ask ".

" Well I wanted to know if you wanna be together. Like boyfriend and girlfriend ", Gina said.

I looked up knowing that this was going to happen. I didn't mean to be this type of close with Gina, it just happened. Technically I'm still with Royal and I don't know if I wanna loose her. At the same time, I've known Gina since the fourth grade. We have a ton of history behind us.

I can't lie and say that I'm not developing feelings for Gina, cause I am. But I also have feelings for Royal too.

Shit, why not still see both of them but keep it separate? I know I ain't shit for what I'm about to do but I don't wanna loose one or the other.

" I thought we already were ", I said with a smirk. Gina smiled widely before kissing me. I picked her up and spun her around before kissing her back.

I don't know how ima juggle two girlfriends but hey it should be easy. Gina don't know nothing about Royal and vice versa. So I rather keep it that way. It failed with Kellie but I'm not gonna mess up this time.

Royal

" My right ear itch ", I said in such a irritated tone. I immediately started scratching the inside of my ear.