Chapter 24

One week later

Nobody's POV

" Coach Miller, thanks for coming in ", one of the head executives in the NBA greeted coach.

Miller took a seat at the table along with the other executives. " You have all of these guys here. Must be some bad news ".

" Welp. I was made aware of the chaos that occurred during the game last week- "

" Look about that- ", Miller interrupted the man.

" -I'm not finish talking coach Miller. Now as far as I'm concerned the whole franchise is distraught about this situation. Now I went and talked it over with my guys, which led me into making a decision ", the man told Miller.

" And we decided to let both of them go ", another man chimed in and said.

" Now wait a damn minute. I talked to my boys and they know that what they did was completely out of line. Just give them one more chance ", Miller responded.

" They embarrass the whole franchise and I won't stand for it ", the man said.

Miller stood up and was about to walk away until he turned back around.

" What about the little fight that happened between Steven and Chris two weeks ago? They're on my team, the Knicks, just like Brandon and Tyler ", Miller questioned.

" They learned their lesson. plus it wasn't as bad ", the man replied.

" They literally were about to kill each other out there. But you let them stay on the team ", Miller said.

The man chuckled before saying " What are you trying to get at Miller ? ".

" It's blatantly obvious but I'm not going to get into that ", Miller responded.

" You know what Miller? If you knew what was good for you. You would keep your mouth shut ", another man chimed in.

" No. no no. You think I'm the same color as you, you automatically think I'm supposed to sit back and go along with your bullshit ?! ", Miller yelled out.

" You better tone it down- "

" It's either you let them stay on the team or I'm going to make sure that the whole wide world know that y'all are racist ", Miller told them.

The men looked at each other before turning back to face Miller.

" You wouldn't dare "

" Try me ", Miller responded.

The men looked at each other again before the man who was mostly doing the talking cleared his throat.

" We need more time to talk about it. Then we'll get back to you ", he told Miller.

Miller fixes his tie looking pissed off before he made his way out of the room.

Royal

" Thanks for coming girl ", I said then I opened the glass door to my office.

" You know Ima come and hang with you. Especially since I live all the way in Cali ", Sadie replied. She took a seat at the desk in front of Royal.

" How is Cali ? I always wanted to move there but I don't know ", I asked.

" Girrrl it's like living the dream. Hitting the beach everyday. Parties is A-1 and the food is great but it is one down side to living there ", Sadie said.

" What ? It sounds like it's great over there ", I replied.

" it is but... I wish you and Sienna was there. So that all three of us can hang out like we used to do ", Sadie told Royal.