chapter eighteen

Sorry for the late update guys 😭❤️ I hope y'all enjoy this chapter

Kenan

" Really uncle Kenan? ", Shauna questioned. She crossed her arms over her chest then she rolled her eyes.

" Yeah you brought us here? ", Hakeem asked. I can't wait to drop them off at home so their annoying asses can get away from me.

They literally been complaining the whole car ride and even the radio didn't help block them out. They would start singing and rapping along to whatever song was playing. Marion was the only calm one.

" Hey why the attitudes? Ok now we're all going to pitch in today and we're all going to like it, understood? ", I told them.

We all began walking inside Auto Town and was greeted by Crystal. She was my cashier at the front desk. Been working here since my brother and I started this shop.

" Ayo whaddup boss ", Que came up to me and said. I gave him dap.

" Nothing just got these kids to help us around the shop today, where's Allen ? ", I asked.

" Oh man he ain't come in at all today ", Que replied.

" He's never here lately ", I said more to myself. My brother's been gone from the shop for about a week now. I mean I still got his kids for crying out loud. I need to check in on him once I lock up tonight.

" We do need some help though ", Que said.

" Negro you only need help because you don't do anything to begin with ", I responded. Que sucked his teeth and waved me off.

" Shauna why don't you work with Crystal for today? And Hakeem you go in the back and help Que unstock ", I told them. They went to wherever I told them to go.

" Mari you wanna work with me in my office ", I asked him.

" If that means I'm away from them then yeah ", he responded.

He followed me to my office. I led him over to my shredder. He raised his eyebrows at me.

" Ok so I got old files and papers that aren't important anymore. I need you to shred em ", I told Marion.

" Cool I always wanted to work these things ", he replied. I handed him a bunch of folders. He opened the first one and begin shredding those papers.

" I never knew what having a dad feels like..", Marion said out of nowhere. I quickly looked up from my paperwork.

" But this whole week you've been nothing but a father figure to me and I just wanted to let you know that I love being here ", he finished saying.

I put my pen down and sat up straight in my rolling chair. " Mari just because I'm not your real dad doesn't mean that I won't treat you like I am. You're my son too and as much as your dad sucks, we all make mistakes. But he's still you're dad and you gotta respect him ", I told Marion.

" Why I gotta respect him when he doesn't respect us? ", He questioned.

" What do you mean by that? ", I asked.

" He's always being mean to me and mama. He would beat on her for blocking me out of his way. He's just bad news and I don't like him ", Marion explained.

Royal only mentioned that the dad was a drunk but nothing to this extent.

" Listen why don't you stay with us for another week or so until ill get to the bottom of this ", I told him.

Marion nodded and then he continued to shred the papers. " Thanks but what about school ?".

" I'll handle it. I rather you stay here instead of going back in that house hold ", I responded.