26.

Tyler

" Tyler, so glad you could make it ", Joe greeted me. He is one of the head people on the board.

I looked around at the table and saw Brandon and his agent. Brandon's ugly big headed ass kept glaring at me. Like he wanted to do some shit. He know to stay in his chair though.

" I really ain't have a choice ", I replied. Shayan elbowed me. I shot him a look then he stared at me until I looked away. He think he punked me but he didn't hahaa

" Tyler would you like to share with the table what was so funny? ", another man I never met before had said. Damn I was laughing out loud? Tf

" Oh my bad y'all go on and do what you gotta do ", I responded.

" Shayan your client is so unprofessional... or maybe it's a reflection of how you are ", Brandon's agent said. Then Brandon gonna laugh like something was funny.

" Tyler let's not engage in that please ", Shayan whispered to me. I slowly nodded my head.

" Oh so your agent bitch you around and tell you what to do now ?", Brandon said with a laugh.

I was about to stand up until Coach Miller, who was on the other side of me grabbed my arm and pulled me back down.

" This is not the time for your clients to be showing out ", Joe told both of our agents.

" anyways, I'm pretty sure everyone knows why we are here ", Joe begin saying.

Another man who was sitting at the table started pulling out paperwork from a briefcase. I could tell by the look on his face that he didn't care about anyone's feelings. He held a mean expression like the world didn't offer him nothing but bad luck.

" my crew and I came up with a very tough decision but nonetheless, a decision. We decided that it was best for the Knicks that at least one of you will be immediately discharged. William, could you please hand me the paper ? ", Joe finished off saying.

The same mean looking man handed Joe a piece of paper. Joe put on his glasses while he looked down at the paper.

" Now wait a minute- ", Miller said making all of us turn to him.

" We already made our decision ", William interrupted Miller.

" And the decision was to.... let Tyler continue being on the team while we let Brandon be released. Due to the camera footage that was being shown all over the nation, it seems Coleman was the one was started the fight. We ask that he turn in his jersey by tomorrow night thank you ", Joe finished off.

All the men stood up and left the room one by one. I looked over at Brandon and saw nothing but hurt in his eyes. I feel for my brother.

" Look B I- "

" You know what just happened? My whole fucking life is ruined! What I'm supposed to do now? How I'm gon feed my family? But you ain't worried about it cause you still on the team ", Brandon start saying.

His agent put his hand on Brandon's shoulder but Brandon immediately shook his hand off.

" nah fuck him! Fuck you Tyler! You get everything handed to you like you some fucking star when in reality you just like every last one of us niggas. I hope one day someone knock you off your high horse ", Brandon told me before storming off. His agent soon followed him.

" Tyler you alright buddy ? ", Shayan asked me.

" I don't know if I am ", I looked at him and said. " that's my dawg whether we beefing or not. Whole situation is fucked up ".

" Look you gotta get out of your mind. They kept you on the team because you're the best. Let Brandon worry about Brandon and you focus on the bigger picture. That's being the best got damn hooper there is ", Shayan told me.

I looked at him briefly before looking over at Miller who put his hand on my shoulder.

" Look I'm gonna go check on Brandon real quick ", he told me before speed walking off.

Nobody's POV

Miller power walked down the hallway in hopes of finding Joe and the other guys that were at the table.

When he turned the corner he immediately saw Joe laughing it up with some random. " Hey! ", Miller shouted out to Joe. Joe quickly turned around and then sigh.

" What is it Miller ? ", He asked annoyed. Miller finally got in front of Joe.

" So you brought these kids- ", Miller started to say.

" them ain't kids. They grown ass men and they should've been acting like one ", Joe said.

" Why not the same treatment for Cody and that other guy huh? Huh?! Now what is Brandon gonna do now? ", Miller asked.

" That's none of my got damn business. As for Cody and that other guy, well they didn't go all out with theirs ", Joe replied with a smirk.

" You're a racist pig and I hope you get what's coming to you ", Miller said.

" I ain't gone get a got damn thing... but my 40 ounce liquor and my wife I got back at home ", Joe said then he started walking away. But he stopped to turn around and looked at Miller.

" a word of advice Miller... stop kissing up to folks that don't like your kind. It ain't cute ", Joe told him before walking fully away.

Royal's POV

" You want some coffee? ", Jozea asked me. We were walking through the parking lot on our way inside the building.

" Now you know I don't drink coffee ", I replied.

" My bad chica, I was just tryna wake you up a bit ", he told me.

" Wait! What you tryna say? ", I questioned Jozea.

" Sis you look tired as hell. Like a zombie from the walking dead or sum ", he responded. I couldn't help but laugh cause I know his ass lying.

" Stop tryna play me bitch ", I told him. He laughed his annoying yet contagious laugh.

" oouuu look at that sexy thang right there ", Jozea said as soon as we turned the corner.

Noah got up from the stoop with a smile and a raggedy briefcase that had chipped paint coming off the front. But at least he looked nice. He always looked good. He smelled good too.

" Aight I came bright and early like you asked me to ", Noah said with a smile showing off his pearly whites.

" I see ", I replied with a smile. " So how's it going? ", I asked him.

" Well you know me I'm always good. Just ready to work for real ", he responded.

" Good! Let's go inside ", I told him. Him and Jozea both followed me in the building.

************

The next chapter will be longer, sorry for the long ass wait ❤️ thanks for supporting me