3

october 26th, small heath, birmingham

ANNA WOKE up to the soft snores of her darling boy, although she hardly slept a wink for most of the night thinking about how she was going to talk to Tommy.

She heard clattering about down stairs and decided to go down. As she walked down the stairs she seen the memories that were scattered on the walls, pictures of her mum, pictures of her dad, of her brother. She smiled as she heard another noise from the kitchen and walked in.

"You alright Sam", she said as she seen him struggling to iron the clothes.

"Not really", he said sighing as he ran his hand through his hair.

"He let me", Anna ushered as she moved him out of the way and started ironing.

"How am I gonna do it Anna? Staying here by myself? I can't even iron because dad did all of that", he said as she took a seat.

"You'll find yourself a wife Sammy, and then she'll look after you", Anna told him.

"Anna please stay", he begged, "It'll be good for our Alex to stay, meet his father, and it'll help me too. I can't cope, France changed me".

Anna walked over to him seeing his face fall, she quickly took him in a hug, calming him down.

"I'll see", Anna tells him, "I'll have to have a word with Tommy, and maybe—".

"Who's Tommy", a small voice appeared out of no where. Sam and Anna quickly glanced at the door and seen a smaller version of Tommy looking back.

"Look, son come here, I need to tell you something", Anna admits as she took a seat and pointed for Alex to take the seat next to her.

"You know I told you your Dad went away and he never came back... well he did. I thought it was better if he didn't know about you, but your dad.. he lives here.. and your older now and I wanted you know that.. you can meet him if you want.. I'll have to chat to him though, it might be a shock for him", she admitted everything to him.

Alex sat still for a minute before, "Was that my dad... in the photo upstairs... Tommy?", he said confused.

"Yes... Yes.. please don't be mad at me Alex... I thought it would be better if you didn't know him... but you should at this meet him.. look you stay here with Sammy, he might take out out for some ice cream and I'll have a chat with him alright".

"Ok", he said as he quickly went back to his room.

"Give him, he's just shocked that's all", Sam told her seeing her worried expression.

"I best be off then, please keep an eye on him Sam, make sure he's alright", Anna said as she grabbed her bag and headed for the door.

"I will".

Anna quickly made her way towards the Garrison seeming family faces passing her. She kept her head down not wanting to be recognized but by the shocked expressions and people walking out of her way her plan failed. She strutted into the Garrison and headed towards the bar. The whole place stopping at a stand still but only a barmaid stood confused wondering why the place had stopped.

"Large Whiskey on ice", Anna asked the barmaid.

People still stared at her skeptically wondering why she was here.

"Why are you all staring?", Anna shouted looking around at everyone. Once those words left her mouth everyone looked away going back to their own thing.

The barmaid quickly came back to Anna with the drink as Anna got her money out of her pocket.

"3 shill—", the barmaid said before getting cut of by Harry.

"No Miss. Moore, free of charge".

"I see you replaced me", Anna smiled at Harry her head nodding towards the barmaid.

"We could never replace you. This is Grace, she's from Galway. Grace, this is Annabella Moore".

"Nice to meet you Grace, call me Anna", she said as she put out her hand and shook Grace's.

"I'm sorry about your father", Harry then addressed known the reason she was back.

"Thanks Harry...", she said before getting to finish her sentence as a couple of people entered the pub. She knew who they were by everyone in the room pausing, but she, drunk her drink in one mouthful before looking straight into the eyes of Tommy Shelby's.

"ANNNABELLAAA", a voice shrieked as it made its way past the men.

A young Finn Shelby made his way over to Anna throwing his arms around her.

"Finn-boy, you've gotten so big, I remember changing your nappies and feeding you your bottle, look at you now little man", she said ruffling his hair.

"I'm sorry about David", he said frowning referencing her father.

"It's not your fault Finn", she said hugging him again before standing up straight and looking straight at Tommy, who was now smoking a cigarette.

"Grace, bottle of whiskey and two glasses into the cub please", he said between smoking before making his way into the room.

Anna, knowing one of the glasses followed after him, looking at John and Arthur as she passed, both with sympathetic faces on them.

She walked into the room seeing Tommy pacing as she closed the door and took the seat. They both waited until Grace had come and left the glasses and drink before chatting.

"You came back", Tommy said stating the obvious.

"Of course I did Tommy, because my Dad died, looking after your betting shop".

He took another puff of his cigarette before signing and putting it out.

"I'm sorry Anna", he said as he ran a hand through his hair.

"I'm sorry too".

THANKS FOR 100 READS ♥️