6

28th october, small heath, birminghamAnna quickly walked down the lane towards the place Tommy told her to go, hand in hand with Alex

Anna quickly walked down the lane towards the place Tommy told her to go, hand in hand with Alex. Her heels swiftly clicked against the concrete as she was more than late.

"Mum... over 'ere, I see Dad", Alex excitedly shouted as he ran and pulled his mother with him.

As she turned around the corner all eyes where on her, that's what you get for being late, and bearing the son of Tommy Shelby. She nervously shuffled on the spot with all eyes on her, looking for someone familiar, until she saw Tommy coming towards her she let out a breath. Tommy put his hand on her lower back and guided her and Alex towards the place he was standing, still with eyes on them.

'Get on with it would ye", Tommy said making all eyes back of off them.

Anna still shuffled nervously, thinking that everyone thought she was a whore, her son was a bastard, until a hand touched hers and she calmed instantly. She looked at Tommy's face, a smile watching his brother getting married. Tommy was more of a father to Arthur, John and Finn than their father was, and you could she the happiness in his face that he loved his brothers even though they could be twats sometimes.

"Anna", a voice said from behind her, she turned around to see where it came from and what was there surprised her, a heavily pregnant Ada.

"Ada oh my goodness look ye', you must be so far along, Tommy never told me you were pregnant, who's the father?", Anna whispered surprised, getting the attention of her son.

"Who's that Mum", a loud voice chirped up, making Anna shush him.

"Uhhh... Ada... meet your nephew Alex, Alex meet you Aunt Ada".

Ada stood there shocked... a nephew, her first nephew... but as she stood the booming noise of Johnny Dogs interrupted them.

"You May now kiss the bride!"

—————————————-
"Mon' mum n' dad' get up and dance!", Alex shouted grabbing their hands and pull them up.

"Dance in a circle come on", he excitedly shouted as he danced and twirled.

Tommy and Anna's hands connected for the 2nd time today and the feeling was still the same, the love was still there, they just had to act on it.

They danced for 5 minutes before Alex ran away and left to do something that was more exciting. Leaving Tommy and Anna standing on the dance floor holding hands. A slow song came on and Tommy asked, "May I have this dance?".

Anna smiled as an answer and put her hand on his shoulder while Tommy put his hand on her waist. They slow danced for what felt like forever, Anna leaned her head on his shoulder before they were interrupted by Polly.

"U gotta stop er' Tom, she'll hurt the baby if she's not careful", she said pointed her head towards a heavily drunk, and pregnant Ada.

"She's letting it all out", Tommy replied, "She been sitting with them commies in a rats nest".

"Stop er' Tommy", Anna asked him.

He quickly sighed wishing he good dance with Anna for longer before heading over to Ada.

"Ada you need te' sit down, it's not—"

"Oh look, Tommy Shelby who chooses his fucking brother's—"

"Shut it Ada", John said now joining in on trying to calm her down.

"Come on Ada-" Anna said before she lets out a scream.

"God her waters broke", Polly told them.

"You do pick your fucking times don't you Ada", John said as he let out a sigh.

"John you take Ada, Anna, Pol an' I'll take Arthur Finn n' Alex and meet you'se at the house", Tommy orders.

"Aye, send me with all the women Tommy, bloody fucking brilliant", John sighed as he walked towards his car.

"Com' on Ada your doing alright, that's good, just breathe", Anna tried to calm her as she and Tommy led her to the car.

Once they finally got her into the car Anna said to Tommy before they left, "Keep an' good eye on Alex, and no more whiskey for you if ur watching 'im", she scolded.

"Aye-aye captain", he sarcastically saluted before John started the car and left for Small Heath.

————————————————
"Your doing so well Ada, just one push, come on", Anna said as she was helped guide out the baby, "just one more come on".

Ada let out a final scream before a baby's cry entered the room.

"It's a boy", Anna said happily as she cleaned him up and cut his umbilical chord. Once she was finished she handed him to Ada.

"Oh, he's beautiful, my beautiful little Thorne", she soothed him.

About half an hour after the birth a loud fast knock came from the door, Anna opened the door cautiously revealing a Freddy. He quickly rushed into the room and saw Ada.

"It's a boy", she cried to him, "A beautiful baby boy".

Their moment was interrupted after a gang of Birmingham police entered and grabbed Freddy.

"Your hurting 'im", Ada cried.

"Let him go", Anna shouted hitting them with all the strength she could muster.

A slap hit Anna's face leaving her on the ground a large gash on her face she heard the police leave as she got up.

"It was Tommy, he doesn't like Freddy, it's Tommy's fault, I hate him, I hate him", Ada cried.

"Tommy said he could come here, that liar, he told the police he was here", Polly spat, going for the door.

"Let me Polly, I'll give him a piece of my mind", Anna said walking out the door and towards the Garrison, anger in her eyes.

She entered the Garrison, the boys were laughing, but all she seen was red. When Tommy noticed her come in he smiled before noticing the gash on her face.

"What happ—"

Slap, she slapped him before shouting,
"It was a boy, and they took his father".

"Mum whats—", Alex asked before Anna took his hand.

"We're going home son come on", she said pulling him with her.

"Why'd you slap Dad", he asked confused.

"He is being an asshole, that's why I left him in the first place now come on", she told him as she led him out of the Garrison and back home.