7

3rd november, small heath, birmingham

ANNA SUDDENLY jolted awake hearing the banging on the door in the early morning. She hurried as she put on her robe and running down the stairs scared the banging would wake Alex. She figured it was Sam back from drinking, or from a girl's house, something that had become a recurrence these past few days.

She hurried as she unlocked the door and opened it, a face she didn't think she would see standing there, before she could comprehend she tried to close the door in his face but he held it open.

"Go away Tommy, you'll wake up Alex next", she whispered angrily to him.

"I'm sorry, I didn't rat him out, I swear it", Tommy told her slurring clearly drunk out of his head.

"Are you drunk-", she asked before she noticed him face, "What the 'ell happened to you?".

"Uhhh... got into a bar fight", he told her wobbling a bit in his step.

"Just come in Tommy", she sighed moving from the door and waking into the kitchen, "sit down".

He did as he was told as he walked Anna. He loved her, her personality, her body, everything.

"Look up now Tom", she told him as she brought over her medical box and took out her supplies.

"Your very— ahh", he winced as she cleaned the cut, "good at this".

"That's what you get when you train to be a nurse"

"You're a nurse", he asked surprised.

"Yes, Tommy", she told him as she finished up, "All done".

He stood up from the seat before he wobbled and fell back down on the seat again.

"How much did you have to drink Tom, Jesus", she said not seeing him as drunk as he was before, "Look let's get you up to Sam's room, if he's not home by now he'll not be home till the morning".

"I want you too—"

"No Tommy", she told him firmly as she grabbed his arm and tried to help guide him up to the room, but Anna could hardly hold his arm up let alone his whole body.

"Tommy shush, Alex is in bed"

"I love Alex, you know, he's like my saving grace, he keeps me going you know", he mindlessly says as he entered the room with Anna's help.

Once they both entered the room Anna let go of Tommy.

"Right, you get too bed— what are you doing?", she shouted quietly as he started taking of his clothes.

"I'm getting ready for bed"

"Tommy—"

"Nothin' you haven't seen before", he smirked before Anna sighed and left the room getting back to her own room and sleep.

—————————————————
Anna was up early, not getting much sleep after Tommy arrived. She started making breakfast, knowing Tommy and Sam will probably have a big hangover.

And on that note, Sam swiftly made his way into the kitchen without saying a word, tension filled the room.

"Where we you", Anna asked.

"Out"

"Sam, you can't go out and get drunk all the time, and sleep with girls... you'll have a kid in no time"

"Say's the one"

"Listen here", she said as she made her way in front of him, "Do you think dad would like you around drinking and getting girls pregnant, no, so you do what your told, or I'm leaving Sam, and I don't care how depressed, sad or fucking frustrated you are I am—"

"Hello", A deep voice interrupts and both of them look over.

"Oh bloody good, he's here, your saying I can't-"

"Calm it down Sam", Tommy told him.

"I won't calm it fucking down Tommy-"

"What's going on", another voice interrupted.

"Alex, it's fine, why don't we go out would that be nice", Anna quickly said as she took her son's hand and guided him outside, not wanting her to see Sam like that.

"But I need my—"

"I'll get it later, why don't we go over to the Garrison, I think 'arry might have some sweets", Tommy said, as he was following Anna.

"Yes please", he said joyed as he grabbed both of their hand and the made there way to the Garrison.

As they entered Alex let go of their hands and made his way over to the bar.

"A glass o' whiskey Irish", he said with a deep voice, clearly mocking his father, getting a giggle out of Anna and a chuckle out of Tommy.

"Hmm", we don't have any but we have sweets", Harry said.

"Yes, please!"

"Anything for you Anna?", Harry asked.

"Ughh..", she said not knowing what to get.

"Gin and tonic please 'Arry, glass of water for meself", Tommy said, shocking Harry, Tommy never had water, always an alcoholic drink.

"That aright Harry?", he asked as Harry never moved from his spot.

"Yes Tommy", he told him.

"Into the cub please 'Arry", he said as he made his way into the cub with Anna and Tommy following him.

"I love these sweets dad, there so nice"

"That's good son"

As the door opened they looked up and the girl who entered was Grace, she was beautiful, to die for, and Anna could tell she was attracted to Tommy.

"Here you go", she said as she set the drinks out in-front of them smiling.

"Your so pretty", Alex interrupted.

"Thank you so much, little man", Grace said, her Irish accent thick, "Will that be all Mr. Shelby?", she then ask Tommy with a bit of sultriness.

"Yes that'll be all Grace, do you want anything else love?", he then directed to Anna.

"Ummm", she said thinking, "No that'll be all".

She quickly made her way out and then Anna relaxed.

"I don't like that one Tommy", Anna told him.

"She hiding something that's why I'm keeping 'er around, now come on love, drink live a little".