5

27th october, small heath, birmingham

ANNA QUICKLY scattered about the house trying to make it presentable for a Shelby brother that was visiting in 5 minutes.

"Alexander! are you ready yet, he should be here soon", she shouted as she heard he run about the run about the room above her.

She wore her best clothes and she laid out Alex's best clothes making them presentable. As she ran about the house sweeping up a hard knock was laid on the door. She quickly swiped her hands on her skirt nervously as made her way towards the door. She opened it slowly and was behind was beautiful blue eyes, and he was wearing his signature suit and peaky cap. They both stood there awkwardly before Alex came running down the stairs and looked past him mum to see who was at the door.

"You must be Tommy", Alex said putting his hand out, "I'm Alexander, but you can call me Alex".

Tommy stood there shocked before he put his hand out and shook the young boys hand. He was the spitting image of the Shelby's, the slightly curley auburn hair, the blue eyes, the sharp jawline, but he had his mother's face shape, nose and mouth. You could definitely tell he was Tommy's son.

"Uhh.. yeah", Tommy said coughing, "I was hoping maybe we could go down look at horses and maybe go for some ice cream".

"Yeah yeah! I love horses! I really want to ride one! Could we", Alex said jumping up and down.

"Yeah", Tommy said smiling seeing another similarity between them, "We'll see if yer good".

Alex ran out the door with Tommy as Annabella said, "Be careful boys, don't want any injuries".

Tommy looked back and smiled at her and Anna still knew that she loved Tommy Shelby.

——————————————————
Its was now 4pm and Anna paced around the house. They had been gone for 4 hours now and Anna was scared.

"What if one of the peaky's enemies got 'em", she thought she knew they were at war with some gypsy family and she wondered if they had got to them.

Her prayers were answered though as she heard the door open and excited footsteps ran into the kitchen where she was.

"Mum, Mum, it was so good, Dad let me see the horses and we got to ride them and everything, and we got ice cream and it was great!", the excited boy said.

Anna stood their shocked hearing the word Dad come out of his mouth, and Tommy stood there smiling, proud of his son.

"That's good", she said happily at him.

"Dad said that I could meet my uncles tomorrow Mum, can I please", he said whining.

"Of course Alex".

"Why don't you run up to yer room now son and I'll have a chat to yer Mum", Tommy said taking out a cigarette.

"Yes Dad", he said as he ran up the stairs.

"Whiskey?", Anna asked him as she grabbed the bottle ad the glasses.

"Yeah please Anna", her named came soothingly out of his mouth, his rough accent she hadn't heard in forever.

She put the glass in front of him before she sat down and took a sip.

"I want you to move in with me",  he said calmly in between in smokes.

"Tommy", she said sighing before taking another sip, "I don't think we should, not for a while anyway".

"Why not? I love you Anna, I always had... don't you love me?", he asked as he put the cigarette out and looked her in the eye.

"I-I, do.. did... I don't know", he let out an massive sigh as she got up and turned away.

"You broke my heart Tommy", she said as she turned around.

"Anna I love you, let me prove it to you,  me gamau dut", he told her as he got up and embraced her and held her by the waist and looked into her eyes.

"Tommy....", she said before he took in her familiar lips and kissed her. She took in the tobacco smell as they roughly kissed, that familiar feeling before the war still there. They still had that chemistry.

Tommy and Anna stopped kissing after a minute before looking into each other's eyes, "I'll prove it Anna, to you and to Alex".

They both hugged for what felt like entirety before Tommy put his signature cap.

"I'd best be off, I'll come round tomorrow to check on my boy, we could go out maybe as a family, there's a wedding tomorrow, so get out your best clothes".

Anna smiled at his words but realized what he did at the end, "Who's wedding? And it's such short notice Tommy... I don't have any nice dresses, and Alex has nothing either", she admitted.

"Ada I'll have something laying about the house.. an' Finn'll have something that'll fit him, it'll be fine.. I'll get one of my men to lift you".

"Ok.. but who's wedding is it", she asked again and yet still no answer.

"Alex", Tommy shouted as he walked down the hall towards the door.

"Yes Dad", he said again, Anna still smiled no being used to Tommy being called Dad.

"I'll be back tomorrow son..", he said the word 'son' unfamiliar.

"Right, see you later Dad", he said before giving him a hug and running back up the stairs again.

Tommy embraced Annabella again kissing her and she kissed back, she missed the feeling of Tommy's pale lips on hers.

They both let go of the kiss as Tommy went to walk out of the door, he turned around and said, "I'll see you later love", and with that he left Anna there wondering how she left him for 4 years.

Thanks for the 1k views and 60 votes, please comment your opinions and let me know what you think will happen next! - Amy