Chapter 2

Third Person POV

Adira had fallen asleep on the couch by the time they finished playing. John quickly carried her placing her on the makeshift bed he did on the floor for himself when she wrapped her hands around him in her sleep making him smile. This wasn't unusual, he actually missed it. Every time they had a sleep over she would always end up curled up to him in his bed either conscious or not. She always told him that she felt protected with him which is why she always tried to stay close to him.

Still she was having a nightmare though, she hated her time in that place. She was always in the middle of an experiment where her life was on the line and she listened to a lot of their conversations which is how she got so much information of the outside world. John could never ask her much questions and she could never give much information seeing as most of their calls were monitored and they would cut their time short if they did. So John didn't know much about the things that happened to her.

John sighed and petted her head while hugging her close to him until she calmed down and her breathing slowed again.

"She has been through a lot." William says as John nodded.

"I know." He says getting comfortable with her before falling asleep.

Adira POV

"Adira.. babe, wake up." I open my eyes slightly to see John there.

"Hm, oh it's morning already." I say and he nods.

"We gotta get ready for school." He says helping my sleepy self up.

"Do you have your uniform yet?" He asks as I yawn and stretch.

"Mhm, I'll get ready now." I mumble sleepily walking to my bag and getting the things I need going to the bathroom. John looks at me while washing his teeth before spitting the toothpaste in the sink. He was shirtless and was still to fully change.

"You going to take a shower?" He asks before rinsing his mouth and I shake my head.

"I took a shower last night, taking one now will only make me wanna stay there." I answer pulling my toothbrush out of the small bag.

"I am, mind if I use it now?" He asks taking his pants off and I wave him off, this wasn't unusual, it was actually quite a normal routine for us.

"Thanks." He says as I start washing my teeth. I hear the shower running as I start getting dressed for today and brush my hair looking myself in the mirror. This uniform is not much different that the others.

"I'm making breakfast." I say glancing at the shower.

"Sure, there's eggs in the fridge." He says and I nod to myself leaving the bathroom heading to the kitchen making breakfast for the two of us. This feels so natural and familiar, it makes me happy. I quickly make us breakfast as he walks out with his school pants but his shirt was still missing as he dried his hair walking towards me.

"Breakfast is ready." I say placing our plates on the table as he stands in front of me placing his hand on my hip.

"Thanks." He says kissing my lips making me melt into it, it's been way too long.

"I really did miss you." He says placing his forehead to mine kissing me one more time before pulling away.

"So did I." I mumble taking a seat next to him eating in silence. We finished eating and I did the dishes while he finished getting ready. He definitely got stronger, that's for sure.

"You ready?" He asks and I nodded whipping my hands dry before taking his hand and walking to the door, I see him glance at his father before a smirk came to his lips. I raise a brow at him but ignore it just to laugh when he slams the door close and we hear his father yell from the other side.

"Come on." He says dragging me with him to the school.

"You look good in that uniform though." He says making me blush a bit and hug his arm with our fingers still intertwined.

"You don't look half bad in the uniform either." I mumble making him chuckle. We continue to walk in a comfortable silence until we made it to the school.

"Wow it's really big." I say surprised as he nodded.

"I'm assuming you don't have your schedule or anything right?" He asks and I shake my head.

"All they gave me was the uniform, they told me the head master would tell me the rest." I say as we made our way towards the office.

"They? So they know you're here?" He asks as I nodded. I could see people around us looking at us and whispering but I just ignored them.

"They're the ones who sent me here.. they wanted to keep an eye on me. You know the drill." I say as he shrugs nodding, he too had to go through it though not as harshly as I did.

"Yeah, well we're here." He says as we made it to a waiting room like place, he knocks on the door next to the chairs.

"Come in." We hear someone say and John opened the door to see a man with dark blue hair and green eyes.

"Ah, you must be Adira." The headmaster says as I nodded walking in with John by my side and take a seat. The headmaster told me about my behavior, and told me some of the rules before handing me my schedule. He said he thought it be best if I stick with John just because we seem to calm each other down even after the incident which I didn't believe, they must've done this to study us and how we work with each other, see who would influence who the most.

"Alright that's all, you're excused." He says waving us off as we walk out of the office.

"Well were late but at least we got a pass from the headmaster." John says as I nodded walking next to him until we made it to a classroom and he just opens the door striding in like it's nobody's business making me giggle and walk behind him.

"Oh, you must be the new student. I assume John brought you here?" The teacher asks as I nodded walking towards her handing her the note the headmaster gave me for the two of us.

"Alright, why don't you introduce yourself?" I nodded turning to the class.

"My name is Adira, I'm really not that interesting so I'll save you the boring details." I say with a shrug.

"Uh, well you can take a seat." She says as I nod and take a seat next to John.