Chapter 4

Adira POV

"Erm. Hey-!" I glance at the blue haired girl as the blond grabbed her hand.

"Just.. leave him." He says before looking at me.

"And who are you, I've never seen you before." He says causing me to raise a brow.

"I don't even know your name, so why would I need to tell you who I am?" I ask giving him a glare.

"I'm Arlo." He says making my eyes widen as I look at him up and down.

"You're Arlo? You've got to be kidding me." I say glaring at him.

"So you've heard of me." He says not even a question as I scoff.

"You really are as annoying as John said you were." I say crossing my arms.

"You didn't even react when he slapped Elaine." He says causing me to raise a brow.

"Elaine? Oh her, why would I? She was suppose to come here and heal Seraphina not point fingers at the person who's more powerful than her. Isn't that how the hierarchy in this school and whole world works? The weak obey the strong and if they don't they get punished and put in their place. She spoke, no, yelled nonsense wasting precious energy on it instead of doing what she was called here for. I had to use my ability longer because of her, and she couldn't even do the job properly. That's just how it is, that's how this world works." I say glaring at him before I started walking away towards John's room and hug him from behind.

"We'll catch who ever did this to her, don't worry." I say as he places his hand on mine.

"I know." He says before glancing at me.

"Are you ok?" He asks and I nod hugging him a bit tighter.

"I am now." I say making him smile a bit.

"I'm glad you're here with me." He says getting up and face me placing his hands on my hips.

"I really don't know what I'm doing anymore." He says hugging me tight and I pet his back and hair.

"We'll figure it out." I say. We stay like this in silence before he takes a seat again and I look for a seat seating next to him. Before we knew it we fell asleep. I woke up feeling a bit weird and to yelling. I quickly ran to the living room as John looked mad. I didn't pay much attention to him feeling a bit strange, something's off. I saw Arlo inside his barrier with a dude making me blink, wait a minute. *CRASH* I turn around and dashed back to the room just to find someone taking Seraphina.

"Don't you dare take another step!" I hear John say as he extended his hand confusing me, why didn't it work? I dash towards the window and jump down with John behind me we ran towards the guy when Arlo's barrier surrounded us stopping the guy.

"Stay back!" He yells placing his knife to Seraphina's neck. What to do? I could dash towards him but that doesn't guarantee I can save her.

"Make one move, and I'll kill her! I want you to de-activate your ability! And tell your friend to take down his barrier! Now!" Who the hell does this dude think he is?!

"Come on don't give me that crap. We both know if anything happens to her, you're not leaving here alive either." John says stepping closer and the dude pressed the knife further to her neck.

"Don't test me, kid! You think this is a joke? I couldn't give a shit if she lives or dies! The fact of the matter is, I'm disposable but she's not. I know her life is more valuable than mine! So don't get cocky!" I got it.

"You! Let go of her you sick Fuck!" I hit the ground with my foot testing the waters, it seems I can still use part of my power, I don't seem to be as affected as the others. I looked at the dude.

"So you're disposable huh? That's great." In one second I'm in front of him catching the hand with the knife and suddenly he screams in pain falling to the ground as I catch Seraphina.

"It seems my ability is still messy, he's still not dead." I say as John came towards him and the blue haired girl came inside and I handed her Seraphina looking at the dude on the floor as John sat on him with a knife in hand.

"Hey, wake up! I'm not done with you yet! You piece of shit! I told you not to touch her! Didn't I?!" John yelled stabbing the knife on his shoulder. I suddenly see the van coming and I push John off the guy and away from the hit activating my ability to try and stop it but it still managed to hit me hurting me, though not as bad as it should have. Soon the guys ran away and we weren't able to catch them.

"Hey! You ok?" John helped me sit up and I nodded.

"I'm fine, it wasn't as bad as it looked like." I say getting up and we helped each other inside. The girl was healing Arlo while John was healing himself as I used my ability to close up the wounds as best I could.

"Jeez. What's the problem now? Aren't you done being mad for one night?" Arlo says as John glares at him.

"You had one fucking job." John says making me look at him.

"Excuse me?" Arlo says and I place a hand on John's shoulder.

"That's enough, I'm tired after all this and thanks to that stunt I pulled my head hurts. I don't need you yelling and arguing over something that already happened and can do nothing about. So please just heal me and let me sleep." I mumble making him sigh and calm down.

"Ok." He says moving his hands to me and started healing me.

"Did it fail that much?" He asked when he saw my wounds.

"Yeah, I had to use double what I usually use just to dash to the guy and it was a lot slower than normal. He also should've died but instead he just got hurt." I mumble leaning on him.

"And the van actually hit you somehow too, I thought you were untouchable." He says playfully as he finished healing me.

"Yeah well at least I didn't die or ended up unconscious." I say making him chuckle.

"Go get some rest." He says and I tilt my head before smirking and taking his hand.

"Sure." I say dragging him with me.

"Hey! Why are you taking me with you?" He says as I take a seat pulling him with me.

"Because you'll be my pillow." I say grinning at him hugging his arm and placing my head on his shoulder.

"When am I not your pillow?" He sighs giving in.

"When you're not with me." I say making him chuckle.

"That was a rhetorical question." He says placing his head on mine.

"I know." I mumble feeling my mind drift.

"Night, princess." I hear him say making me smile and fall asleep.