Best Friends part 2

Continuing the last part 💜💖 I didn't take a few hours, did I? 😂 never mind loves, it's here now! 🙌🏻✨

Jungkook felt as if he was flying as he walked the small distance to Taehyung's house next door. He couldn't wipe the grin off his face as he knocked cheerily on the door and it was opened almost immediately.

"Kookie!" Taehyung greeted, hugging his friend hard. Jungkook hung on for a bit longer than he should've, inhaling Taehyung's sweet scent of vanilla and enjoying the warmth of his body. He almost pouted when Taehyung pulled away.

"Come on upstairs, then!" Taehyung grabbed Kookie's hand, yanking him along. Jungkook eagerly followed like a lost puppy as Taehyung dragged him into his lovely white and blue bedroom. The sight was so refreshing. He'd missed it so much.

"So, I'm surprised you're free," Jungkook said a little sourly as they sat down on Tae's double bed. "I would've thought you were with Jimin."

"Oh, Minnie's out. He's helping his little brother choose a Halloween costume- how sweet is that?" Taehyung smiled. Jungkook froze.

So he wasn't Tae's first choice after all. Tae had only asked him round because Jimin wasn't there. He came first with Tae. Jungkook was just the second best.

And he was sick of it.

"So you're only hanging out with me because Jimin isn't here?" Jungkook blurted out.

Taehyung's smile faded. "It's not like that, Kookie."

"Oh yeah? Then what is it like, huh, Taehyung? Because to me it seems like it's all Jimin in your life. All we used to talk about was Jimin, and now you don't even talk to me at all! You just hang out with Jimin all the time and you don't even care how lonely I am without you!" Jungkook was flushed red, tears filling his eyes as he poured his heart out.

"Jungkook-"

"What happened to "best friends forever", huh? I thought we were gonna stay together forever, be roommates, go to the same college? Only now I bet you want to share an apartment with Jimin. Because he's your best friend now. He's the love of your life, and I-"

"Jungkook!" Tae interrupted. Jungkook finally ceased his rambling at met Taehyung's wide eyes, face screwed up to prevent tears.

A suffocating blanket of silence settled over the two boys, save for Jungkook's heavy breathing. Tae was the one to break it.

"Jungkook... what's all of this really about?" Taehyung whispered. "Why are you telling me all of this now? Why not sooner? I don't get it-"

"Because you wouldn't want to hear it!" Jungkook shouted, unable to keep the tears in for any longer as they cascaded down his face. "I can't bear it when you talk to me about Jimin! Every time you do I feel like someone's ripping out my heart and throwing it into a river!"

"B-but why?" Taehyung stuttered. "You surely don't... you don't have a crush on Jimin, do you? Is that why you don't like us being together?"

Jungkook veered forward and grabbed a startled Taehyung's hands. "No, I don't have a crush on Jimin! Don't you understand? It's you, Taehyung! You're the one I have a crush on! No, scratch that, you're the one I'm fucking in love with!You and your stupid adorable grin, you and your stupid beautiful sparkly eyes, you and your stupid fucking amazing being!" He roughly let go off the elder's hands.

"But you don't love me. You love Jimin. I should've been happy for you like a decent fucking friend, but I'm too selfish to do that. I'm sorry for everything."

Jungkook felt like he'd just run a race. He could feel the blood drumming around his body as he let out a few shaky breaths. "You probably won't want to see me again so I'm gonna leave, I hope you'll be happy with Jimin." Jungkook's voice was quiet. Wavering. Trying not to break. He walked towards the door. He didn't look back, but he didn't hear Taehyung's voice begging him not to go, not did he feel Taehyung's arms pulling him back. So with shaking hands, he opened the door and left the house, taking that as his invitation to leave a Taehyung alone for good.

***

And thus begun the worst 3 days of Jungkook's life.

The boy was lying on the sofa on day number 3 since his and Taehyung's "fight", staring at the ceiling with his puffy red eyes. He was wrapped in a blanket as he sniffled, his brain torturing him with images of he and Taehyung together and knowing that all those times were gone. Why couldn't he have kept his mouth shut? Why couldn't he have let his best friend be happy with someone else?

"Sweetheart? I've got some ramen for you. Can you try and eat some for me?"

Jungkook groaned, rolling over at the sound of his mom's concerned voice. After much persuasion, he'd spilled the whole story to her. She was sympathetic but had no idea what to do to help her son. She just hoped and prayed everything would be okay in the end- after all, Taehyung and Jungkook had bend best friends as long as she could remember.

She set the bowl of hot ramen down on the coffee table before giving Jungkook's damp cheek a soft kiss. "I have to go out now, bun. Will you be okay on your own?"

Jungkook gave a grunt. It could've been a yes, it could've been a no. It could've been the quadratic formula for all Jungkook's mother knew.

"I'll only be gone an hour. I just have to pick up some stuff from the store," she said, a little desperately. Jungkook sighed, sitting up.

"You go, mom. I'll be okay," he mumbled. Jungkook's mother beamed at him.

"That's my boy. How about a smile for me, huh?" She gently tweaked his chin. Jungkook gave her a wobbly grin back before flopping back down on the sofa. Jungkook's mother sighed at her son sadly. She couldn't bear seeing him so heartbroken.

"Eat that ramen, yeah? We don't want you wasting away. I love you, bun," she called as she was leaving. It was only worse when she was gone. The house was as quiet and lonely as ever. Jungkook decided he'd have to get used to it. This is the way it would be from now on after all.

He was just staring at the piping hot bowl of ramen and contemplating wether he could be bothered to eat it when, our of nowhere, the doorbell rung. Jungkook was startled so much that his hand jerked and a huge slop of ramen landed on his bare thigh.

He's in shorts you nasties 🤪 (lets be real here, I'm the only nasty in this house due to the fact that I had to write that 🤭)

"OooooooOoOoooooWWWWW!" Jungkook shrieked, leaping up from the sofa. The bowl landed on the floor, spilling over the floorboards as Jungkook staggered around in agony. Another insistent ring of the doorbell had him coming to his senses, stumbling over to the door and hurriedly opening it, assuming it was his mom.

Who it was, however, had him freezing in his place, the burn on his leg suddenly feeling ice cold.

Standing in front of him, nibbling his lip anxiously, hair tousled and dark circles under his eyes but still looking like an angel, was the person he thought he'd never have the pleasure of seeing ever again.

"T-Taehyung?"

Ooooof ☕️

Ofc my baby Tae came back for him 😔✊🏻 THIS ISN'T THE END, GUYS, DON'T WORRY 🤗😘 I've just had to split it up into 3 parts 💖 part three is coming soon!

Don't forget to vote, comment and request ❤️🦋

Until next time,
Mave 🌼