❄ Gray Fullbuster ❄

Requested By: Anonymous

Imagine: Always

The One Where BestFriend!Gray Fullbuster Is Oblivious To Your Feelings.

•••

You sat with team Natsu at the guild. The guild was very loud and rowdy, but that didn’t stop you from enjoying being sat next to Gray.

You’d had a crush on him for the longest time. You trained with Ur and joined Fairy Tail together. You were overall best friends. He never seemed to notice your feelings.

Juvia sat on the other side of him. Much to your annoyance. Sure, Juvia was great. Great friend, great person. But she always clung to him and made you jealous. It’s not like she tried to hurt you. It just ended like that.

Juvia snuggled into Gray, wrapping her arms farther around him and smiled up at him.

“Gray-Sama. We should go on a job together.”

You frowned and stood up. Grimacing as your chair made scraping sounds against the floor.

“We should but-”

You walked over to the bar, choosing to ignore his words to her. He promised to go on a job with you. The first time alone you would get in months. Had he forgotten? You were supposed to be his best friend, not her. 

It felt as if she was replacing you.

Lucy sat down next to you as Mira gave you a drink. Tequila on the rocks. That’s what you desperately needed. You smiled and thanked Mira as she gave you a sympathetic smile. 

“Are you okay?”

You force a smile to give Lucy. 

“Of course. I just wanted to get a drink.”

“I can tell you’re upset.”

You gulp down your drink. 

“Just wanted a drink.”

“I’m not dumb. Tell me what’s wrong.”

“I love him. I love him so much. But I have to sit there and smile and act like I’m happy for him and Juvia. It kills me. It kills me because I’ll only ever be is his best friend.”

Mira gives you more Tequilla to gulp down, which you gladly accept.

“I don’t think he likes her.”

“He does. They’re always clinging to each other. Don’t worry about me, Luce. I’ll be fine.”

You walk out of the guild hall, not even realizing that Gray had listened in on your conversation. 

•••

Days had passed and Gray had barely talked to you. Truthfully you thought he was avoiding you. Maybe Juvia really was replacing you. 

You sat at the guild drinking. Seemed to be something you did often lately. Gray sat next to you making butterflies go off in your stomach. 

“Hey.”

“Hi.”

You smiled at him, and he flashed one of his one at you. How that smile makes you swoon. 

“Can we talk?”

“Isn’t that what we’re doing?”

He shakes his head at you nervously. But this was Gray. He didn’t get nervous.

“Not here. Outside.”

His cold hand takes yours making you blush. You tried to hide it, but this was the first time you saw him in two weeks. It was hard. 

You stopped walking once you were outside of the guild. He didn’t let go of your hand. 

“Are you in love with me?”

“What?! Don’t be ridiculous.”

You ripped your hand out of his. It would make your lie look more convincing. 

“Why would you think that?”

“I overheard you and Lucy talking.”

“We were talking about Natsu!”

You lied straight through your teeth. You and Natsu? What a joke. You saw Natsu as a big brother. Just a big brother. But he couldn’t know. You couldn’t let him have the chance to reject you.

“So you like Ash-For-Brains?”

“Crazy about him. The world doesn’t revolve around you, Fullbuster.”

But your world did.

Gray grabbed your cheeks and smashed his lips against yours. They were soft and cold.

“If you’re so crazy about him, then why didn’t you push me away.”

“Aren’t you with Juvia?”

Gray rests his forehead against yours.

“I love you, but you’re kinda stupid.”

“…What?”

“I love you. I have always loved you. It’s always been you.”

•••

Edited: 12-14-19

Tip Jar: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme2/IzzyJJ13?locale.x=en_US

•••