"Listen, I can't explain it, you'll have to trust me." - Supercorp

Summary: Supergirl and Lena Luthor team up on a mission involving boarding school friends, extraterrestrial guns and a warehouse filled with traps.

Slight AU where Supergirl and Lena haven't met yet and Andrea Rojas is not the owner of CatCo.

* * *

'The perp said an Andrea Rojas supplied them with their extraterrestrial tech,' Alex Danvers informed Supergirl as they walked down the DEO corridor to the main room.

'Do we know who she is?' The superhero asked.

'This is all we could find about her,' Agent Dox provided, motioning to the large screen on the wall displaying the suspect's information.

'Last known address?' The Kryptonian questioned with crossed arms.

'We sent some agents down there, but she doesn't live there anymore. The family living there said they had moved into the house a few years back,' the DEO director told her. 'There is someone who might be able to tell us where to find her, and that someone is Lena Luthor.'

Kara frowned visibly at the family name. 'Lex's sister? It could be worth a shot. Where is she now?'

'She just moved to National City,' Brainy notified the Danvers sisters.

Supergirl locked eyes with the other woman, 'let's go pay her a visit.' 

*

'Ladies, what can I do for? I assume this isn't a social visit to welcome me to the city,' Lena Luthor guessed accurately.

'We're investigating some dangerous weapons being sold on the black market and the name Andrea Rojas came up,' the DEO director explained. 'We tried her last known address, but that was a bust, and considering your shared past, we were hoping you would be able to tell us where to find her.'

'Why would I want to help you?' The Luthor asked pointedly.

'We would owe you-, I would owe you,' Supergirl chimed in, making the green eyed woman raise an eyebrow interestedly. 'You help us with this case, and I will owe you a favour - as long as it's legal and doesn't pose a threat to anyone. Do we have a deal?' 

'We certainly do, Supergirl. However, I also have a few conditions. First, lose the agent,' the L-Corp CEO instructed. 

'Excuse me?' Alex Danvers retorted offendedly. 

'I know Andrea, and she will not give you the information you want with the Feds, or whatever secret government organisation you work for, in the room. If you want her to talk, it's going to have to be just you and me, Supergirl,' Lena revealed. After receiving a nod of confirmation from the superhero, she went on, 'secondly, I will say and do things that will make my Luthor genes shine through. I need you to remember that I don't mean any of it and I'm just saying those things to make Andrea trust me. Anything I say or do will never be used against me because I'm saying and doing those thing to help you, got it?'

The Super and the DEO director shared a worried look, causing the Luthor to roll her eyes. 'Don't look so concerned. I won't say anything too extreme, but I will indulge Andrea's anti-aliens views a little to get her to spill the beans,' she assured. 

'I believe you,' the blonde superhero told her genuinely, and her honesty took the Luthor by surprise.

Lena nodded gratefully, perhaps not all Supers were as arrogant and prejudiced as she had initially suspected. 'Director Danvers?'

'Fine. Anything you say or do in the presence of Andrea Rojas during this mission will not be held  against you,' the governmental operative conceded, knowing this was not the time or place to question the Luthor's motives.