"I could really eat something." - Supercorp

Summary: Lena figures out Kara is Supergirl through her eating habits.

Slight AU: Lena finds out Kara is Supergirl (so she didn't know) and they're friends. Not really S5 canon compliant.

* * * 

It was a chilly October evening and Lena Luthor was burning the midnight oil at L-Corp when she was rudely interrupted by two bulky men entering her office. She sighed softly and wondered how many times this was going to happen before she would found adequate security guards who would keep her safe like they were hired to do. Lena reached for her purse and felt around blindly for her taser before remembering she had switched bags that morning and had forgotten to pack the weapon. That was when the panic started to set in. Her abductors were approaching fast and she glanced towards the balcony, briefly considering it as an escape route, but she couldn't know if Supergirl would get there in time like the last time. And Lena wasn't ready to splat to her death just yet. Instead she subtly scribbled the word 'help' on the company's newest project's progress report and pocketed the pen in her pant suit just in case. 

'What can I do for you, boys?' Lena asked conversely. 

'You need to come with us. We can do this the easy way or the hard way, Luthor,' one of the men spoke hostilely. 

'Well, we wouldn't want a repeat of last year,' Lena joked lightheartedly as she stood up. 'If I may, who sent you? Was it my mother?' She prodded once she didn't receive a reaction from either men. 'She has my address, you know. If she wanted to see me so badly, she could've sent me a postcard requesting my presence instead of going through all this trouble.' 

The CEO already knew where they were headed: the parking lot. So, as they were nearing their first destination, Lena carefully plucked the pen out from her pocket and hid it in her sleeve.

'Hey, no funny business,' one of the men warned as the elevator doors opened. 

'No funny business,' Lena promised on their way to the van. 'Except for this...' She made a move to escape, but the men easily grabbed her and shoved her against the vehicle. 'That was harder than I expected,' she admitted with a huff. 

'Lena, dear. Was that you trying to run away?' Lillian Luthor wondered, looking unimpressed as she came into view. 

'A girl can try, right?' 

'And fail miserably,' Lillian observed. 'Honestly, Lena.  For someone with your intelligence, I had expected a more foolproof plan.' 

'Looks like I'm keeping up my streak of disappointing you, mother,' Lena replied coolly. 

'Now, let's go into the car, shall we, before this commotion alerts your Kryptonian bff,' her mother suggested. 

The kidnappers pulled her to the back, and a small, victorious smile appeared on Lena's lips when she saw the faint 's' she had managed to scratch on the car paint. Lena let her eyes wander inside of the black van and wondered what kind of tech her mother had installed to make sure Supergirl wouldn't find them. 

'The walls are lined with lead and the van is soundproof,' Lillian informed when she noticed her daughter look around. 

'Isn't is a bit conspicuous that the car seems to be Supergirl-proof? She might not be able to see or hear me, but this van will stick out like a sore thumb,' Lena countered with a raised eyebrow. 

'That's why there are several of these automobiles currently riding around in the city,' her mother said obviously.

'But none of those have an 's' scratched onto them', Lena thought to herself.