chapter eleven

Alice
I'm going to the principals office.

IM GOING TO THE PRINCIPALS OFFICE?!?

"No no no no no no no no no,"

I'm shaking, I can't breathe, and I think I'm going to pass out.

While walking down the long hallway with Jonathan.

Of course he notices my little tiny panic attack, so he stops.

"Hey, it's gonna be fine. I'll take the blame." He doesn't look me straight in the eyes like he usually does.

We reach the office, and the principal isn't even there.

"He's sick." The office lady with curly grey hair says while obnoxiously chewing her gum.

"Oh, well, guess we should go then!" Jonathan grabs my arm and tries to pull me out of the room.

"Y'all can try the Vice Principal, y'know. She's just down the hall." She points her very long pink nail down the office.

"It's no biggie. We'll just get a hold of him when he's better." Jonathan gives her one of his best smiles and pulls us out of there.

He continues to pull me by my arm, and even passes Mr.Hollands classroom.

"W-Where are we going?!"

"Shh." He puts one of his fingers to his lips. "It's a secret."

He goes to the front doors and carefully opens them, leading us outside. "Jonathan! We are going to get into so much trouble!"

(Keep in mind that this story was based in the 90's, so there weren't any security cameras in the school.)

He just continues walking down the street and into the forest behind the school.

He isn't going to kill me, right?

"Ok, now we're safe." He sits down on a big rock in the middle of a field of trees.

The sky is nowhere to be seen because of the bare branches.

"Why in the world are we here?" It's literally freezing.

He doesn't answer me, he's just looking out into nothing.

"Jonathan?" I say quietly after a minute.

I don't want to push it.

He looks over at me with his deep brown eyes. "Can I hug you?"

I crack a smile and stand up. "Yes."

He quickly wraps his arms around the majority of my back and buries his face into my hair/neck.

Jonathan is so warm.

Like... a warm-fuzzy-soft-heavy blanket is wrapped around me.

My hands are in-between our chests, just trying to not get frost bite. (Seriously, it's cold.)

Jonathan changes that by grabbing my hands and guiding them around his neck.

My heart is beating out of my chest.

"I really like you." He faintly whispers into my hair.

At least that's what I think he said.

He said it so softly that I could barely hear him.

About a minute passes by and he doesn't move.

His arms are still holding me, and my arms are still around his shoulders.

I decide to pull back, making a sound come out of Jonathan's mouth that sounded like a whine.

"It's cold, and my jackets inside." I put up my hands showing him how they've turned red from the wind.

He looks at them for a second, then takes them between his and squeezes.

He brings them up to his mouth and starts blowing hot air on them.

"Better?" He smiles.

I swear you can literally hear my heartbeat through the screen.

"Maybe..." I say softly.

I take his hand in mine and we walk back to school.

No one noticed that we were gone, and Mr.Holland probably thinks we're in the office, so I just go about my day acting like nothing happened.

Well, almost nothing.

Literally every thought in my mind is filled with Jonathan.

His smile, his fluffy hair, his brown eyes, his hands, his trench coat, his voice, his rosy cheeks, his soft skin, his warmth, his laugh, and more little details.

God.

I really, really like him.
———
Skidkdkdkelaskoxjejwkzndjwosndu

They are too cute.

It's not okay.

End of chapter eleven.