save the turtles

After choosing around 10 more scrunchies, Peppa payed for her items and left the store. She checked the time, and realized she had only 10 minutes to get to the event. Peppa ran out of the mall, all of her scrunchies strangling her arms. The young pig dashed to the event, which was only a block away. When she got there, she saw just a few people waiting in the line to go in. She looked at the crowd, hoping to find someone she knew. The only animal she recognized was a red kittydog, though she couldn't figure out how she knew this man. She shrugged it off, and waited in line like the others. After a few minutes, she got to the front of the line and payed for her ticket. 

   There were only a few tables, but they all were full. Besides one. And at that table sat a red kittydog. Peppa slowly walked over to the open table and sat down, setting down her bag and hydroflask. "H-hey," Peppa stuttered. "Yo," the kittydog said, and seemed to be studying Peppa's face. Peppa felt uncomfortable, but just decided to pay attention to the program. The two occasionally had some small talk, but mostly listened about those turtles. After an hour or so, Peppa was about to leave when she was stopped. "So... can I have your number?"