the casino.

She had her hair pulled back into a sleek ponytail, moving her way past eager customers and drunk rich men. Such was a night at the casino - filled with the intoxicating smell of alcohol, shame, and too much money spent. But Jisoo had no right to complain - this was how she got money after all.

After dropping off a successful order of Cosmopolitan to a female, Jisoo made her way over to the bar counter, stretching her arms for a quick second. "Jeez girl what's up with your arms, they're skinnnyyy", Richmond - the bartender at this casino - spoke, patting Jisoo's back. Jisoo would never take the comment too seriously, she did have to admit herself she was rather .. petite.

Opening her lips to speak up, she was soon interrupted by Jihyo - a coworker of hers - wrapping an arm around her shoulders. "Yah, Jisoo, can you do me a favor? I have to take a restroom break, deal with that angry looking grandpa for me." And before Jisoo could say no, Jihyo was already wobbling her way to the restroom. Typical.

Giving Richmond a longing stare, Jisoo began to walk to the old man Jennie spoke about, preparing herself for any perverted comments that would be thrown her way. And right before she reached the white male, she was body slammed onto the floor.

Talk about sweeping her off her feet.

Curse the heels she wore.

Groaning in pain, that section of the casino was now staring at the fallen server with worried looks, whispering. But all Jisoo could hear was the ringing in her ears. Holy shit that hurt.

"Oh my fucking God I told you to stop her from getting away so I could order a drink, not to fucking bodyslam-", those were the only words Jisoo could hear coming from behind her, getting closer and closer. But of course, the ringing in her ear distracted her from hearing more.

Soon before her appeared a young male - probably in his 20's or so, extending his hand to Jisoo. Jisoo grabbed it, allowing him to lift her up while she inspected him. He had wavy, long hair with baby pink lips. His eyes were a dark brown, and his skin seemed healthy and tan. Not to mention, she could see a few tattoos sticking out from his tux. "I apologize-", he started, and at that moment all of Jisoo's senses clicked back.

Dropping her hand from his touch, she dusted her shorts off and crossed her arms, a blank face taking over. "Sir, harming servers is prohibited. It's clearly stated. Now if you would excuse me, I have to go sit down.", the last part was more of a whimper, as Jisoo dragged herself over to the break room. Richmond watched as she made her way back, and she could have sworn she saw him laugh. Bitch.

Soon after, her shift was done. Changed into some mom jeans with a blouse tucked in and some sandals, Jisoo waited outside for her sister, Jennie, to pick her up. Humming to herself to keep her from worrying, she pretended to be on her phone to avoid having to look at the strange men that crossed by her. No way in hell was she getting kidnapped.

Or so she thought. A tap on her shoulder was already enough to set Jisoo on edge, making her jump in surprise and dig into her purse for her pepper spray. But instead of being faced with an old wrinkly pervert, she was faced with a buff man in a suit. Handing her a small box, Jisoo raised her eyebrow, "What's this? Who're you? I have pepper spray-"

But he spoke no words, held no expression. Simply gave her the box, and walked away. With confusion evident on her face, Jisoo stared down at the box.

It was small, covered in blue material. It's texture was obviously of high quality, even if it was just a box. Opening it up slowly, Jisoo was faced with an expensive necklace and a small note attached. Nervously opening up the note, she feared the most until she read it out loud in her head.

I wish we could have met in a more proper manner, but my bodyguard had other intentions. I hope you are not injured badly, and are soon able to work again. You with beautiful lips and bright eyes, I hope this necklace can be enough of a sorry.

Love, Jeongguk.

Her eyes wandered down at the beautiful necklace, before noticing her sister's car coming near and quickly shoving the whole box in her purse. Jeongguk. That was his name. It was sweet as to how he tried to make amends, she would give him that. Getting in her sister's car, Jisoo looked over at Jennie and ruffled her hair. "How was work, Sooyah?", Jennie asked, beginning to drive to Jisoo's apartment.

Jisoo looked over at Jennie, deciding whether or not she should tell her younger sister what had happened. But of course, she did end up spilling it all - even if she didn't want to, Jennie would find out anyway.

"A necklace? It seems he fancies you, Jichu", Jennie cooed, teasing her older sister and ruffling her hair. Jisoo merely smiled sheepishly, looking over her shoulder to stare out the car window. It didn't matter whether he was handsome or interested in her, the chances of them ever seeing each other again were low.

It was a big world, and there was a fine line between middle class and upper class like he seemed to be. Sighing in what seemed to be disappointment at the thought, Jisoo rested her head against her cold window. She counted the trees they drove past, and allowed her ears to listen to CtrlAltDelete - a song her sister was playing in the aux cord.

She should never get her hopes up. It never ended well in the dramas, how could she expect it to end well in person? At least, she thought, she got to keep a pretty necklace.

At least.