roses. but with money.

Jisoo had many , many admirers over the years . She was pretty , somewhat kind , funny , and athletic . Highschool was a breeze for her . But none had ever once sent her roses - roses with hundred bills lacing them .

So imagine her surprise when she's just minding her own business at the café, cleaning up tables, when a customer who looked like James Bond came in and gave her them, then walked out with no explanation . Of course , her first instinct was to think that such an expensive gift was not for her , but the letter quite literally said "Yes, this is for you, Jisoo"

Thankfully, it was at the end of her shift, so Jisoo had enough time to go home and sit in the corner of her room while staring intensely at the gift .

"Maybe .. Maybe Haesung did it?", Jennie spoke up , having sat it the opposite corner of the room . "Its real money , and hes the only boy who's close to being your sugar da-"

"Shut up, teletubby. I talk to plenty of other boys."

No she doesnt . Jisoo wasnt introverted, but she wasnt extroverted either . She wouldnt mind talking to people at a party , but she would rather be at home watching TV . Pursing her lips , Jisoo simply .. shoved the roses under her bed . "It doesnt matter, I'm not wasting them until I find out who they came from. For all I know, they could have been stolen and I could be framed."

In reality, she just didnt want to waste anything that belonged to Haesung . It was true , Haesung was rich - and almost fifty . As much as she loved getting that bling , she would rather not get it from men twice her age .

Whatever .

Walking over to her kitchen, Jisoo's apartment was much smaller than her younger sister's. It was cramped - not messy , just cramped . But it was cheap , and not many could afford to live in luxurious apartments with nice staircases and windows that actually close . Hell , one time a bird snuck in and Jisoo befriended it . Of course , she couldnt keep him , but they had a lovely five minute chat with each other . It didnt faze her much that her younger sister was richer . Jisoo was happy with her life ( though she wished she had enough money to adopt every single dog she met ) , and Jennie deserved what she earned . Life has favourites , what can Jisoo do about it ? Cry ? No thanks .

"You're such a bore . You could use that money to buy yourself a nice dress for Bom's wedding, you know ..", Jennie mumbled , sprung over Jisoo's small bed . Oh shit . Bom's wedding .

"It's in two weeks , I have time . I'll go shopping tomorrow or something ", Jisoo hummed , shrugging . It didnt have to be an expensive dress ; just a pretty one , right ? After all , Jisoo knew of her own power to wear a simple dress and make it look decent . "Or you could use the roses..", Jennie sprouted up, wiggling her eyebrows . Opening her mouth to retort , the sound of the bell ringing caught them both off guard , and Jisoo hurriedly made her way to the door . Instead of a delivery man or a ferocious girl scout , a letter was placed right before her . Picking it up and looking down the beat down hallway , she closed the door and opened the letter quickly . Before she could read it out loud , Jennie snatched the letter from her and did Jisoo the favor instead .

" The moon and the stars are nothing compared to your eyes . "

With a raised eyebrow , Jisoo looked over to the door once more ,"That's so cliché, I could have sworn I read something like that on Tumblr."

Earning a chuckle from Jennie , the younger sister leaned against the wall with the letter in her hand . "Sooyah has a secret admirer!", she teased playfully , before dramatically spinning around .

"Or maybe this could be some kind of start to my murder - if I get killed by someone who writes like Shakespeare , I'm going to be so fucking pissed.", Jisoo groaned in annoyance , before looking back down at the letter that Jennie had left resting on her small table .

From a far distance , Jeongguk sat patiently . And by a far distance , he means the corner of Jisoo's apartment hallway . He didnt know why he sent her that letter , or why he sent her the roses, but sitting there while taking deep breaths after worrying about getting caught was exciting for him . It made him feel young , despite already being twenty five years old . Over his course of sitting , Jeongguk began to take notice of his surroundings . Had Jisoo really lived in a beat down place like this ? The smell of cheap alcohol was nostalgic yet a nuisance to him .

He couldn't imagine how nerve wrecking it must be to be Jisoo to have to take out the trash at night . But then again , Jisoo was rather brave . And smart . She probably had a taser .

A small smile curved at his lips at the thought of tiny Jisoo doing some badass karate move on a 6'6" man . However his thoughts were taken aback once Jeongguk's bodyguard , who was standing next to him the entire time , gently patted his shoulder . "Sir, you have a meeting in twenty minutes and the ground is dirty . We must get going ."

Rolling his eyes like a child , Jeongguk stood up , straightening out his suit . For now , it would be roses with money - but he would be sure to give the female more . Maybe it was out of boredom or maybe it was because she had funny reactions to certain things , but she really wouldnt see the last of him soon . Lips curved up slightly to the right , he ran a hand through his black hair before beginning to walk out of the beat down apartment , kicking a soda can out of his way while walking .

Little did he know , even if he had wanted to ignore her , fate would have much different plans .