Chapter 5: The Coffee

Deanna

It's a rainy Sunday morning so I've decided to go out and buy some coffee sa baba. May Starbucks across the street lang. Para lang magising ang diwa ko. I brought the book that I bought yesterday to relax for a while.

"One Large Caramel Machiatto please" i said as I've ordered.

"Name, Ma'am?" Asked the bartender.

"Deanna. D-E-A-N-N-A." I said and spelled out my name so he'll get it correctly. Nakakafrustrate kasi minsan pag mali mali ang spelling ng name pati pag pronounce nito.

After he gets it, i settled myself in a table at the corner. I'm listening to music while browsing the book that I brought. This is what I usually do sa mga ganitong kind of weather and to keep my mind active.

🎶🎶 You'll always be my Day 1
Day 0 when I was no one
I'm nothing by myself, you and no one else
Thankful you're my Day 1
Thankful you're my

I got lucky finding you
I won big the day that I came across you
'Cause when you're with me, I don't feel blue
Not a day goes by that I would not redo 🎶🎶

"...one Large Caramel Machiatto for ..." I heard the bartender saying. So I immediately stood up and went to the counter to get my order.

Nakapalsak pa rin ang earphones ko habang naglalakad papuntang counter, pakanta kanta pa ako.

🎶🎶 Everybody wants to love (Yeah, that's right)
It's easy when you try hard enough
Yeah, that's right

You'll always be my Day 1
Day 0 when I was no one
I'm nothing by myself, you and no one else
Thankful you're my Day 1
I'm thankful you're my Day 1 🎶🎶

I grabbed the coffee but someone grabbed it too. It's her again! Wowowow! De javú!

🎶🎶 When I first met you, it just felt right
It's like I met a copy of myself that night
I don't believe in fate as such
But we were meant to be together, that's my hunch 🎶🎶

Same thing like what happened yesterday. As in exactly the same feels! The spark and the meeting of the eyes. I don't know if it's the the coffee or her hand that is warm. But I like how it feels in my hands.

"What the..." yun na lang nasabi nya.

"Hi, it's you again. What a coincidence." I smiled at her widely. But she just squinted her eyes like irritated. Omo. Did I say something wrong?

"Are you following me? And excuse me, that's my coffee you're holding. I had my name on it. So would you please give it to me." She said looking at the coffee in my hand.

I read the name JESS and removed my hand right after baka masapak na ako nito eh. So, Jess pala name mo ha.

"I'm sorry. I just heard the coffee that I ordered I didn't hear the name." I said.

"Cute nga ang bingi naman. Hays." Bulong nya as if naman hindi ko narinig. She really thought I wouldn't understand her ha.

"One Large Caramel Machiatto for DEANNA." I grabbed my coffee fast since nasa counter pa rin kami.

"I'm Deanna, by the way. So I guess, you're Jess. Based on the name written." I said pointing out the name written on the cup.

"And hindi po ako bingi, sadyang hindi ko lang narinig yung name, nakikinig kasi ako sa music. Thanks for calling me cute, Gorgeous." Introducing myself, I even offered my hand for a shake and the killer smile of course! I saw her cheeks turn red a bit. Okaaay, she's kinda blushing! 0.5 point for Deanna Wong!