Chapter 9: Jowable

Jema

It's already Saturday. Ang bilis naman. I woke up early feeling excited and a bit anxious.

Excited kasi first time 'tong catering na 'to at anxious kasi baka hindi nila magustuhan yung ipeprepare namin.
What if pumalpak kami sa mga food? What if magkaaberya? What if hindi nila magustuhan yung mga ihahain namin?

The lovely couple was so busy this week kaya hindi na natuloy ang planong breakfast meeting namin. They just let me decide what dishes to serve. Good thing walang allergies sa food mostly ang inimbitahan nila.

I've been overthinking about sa food pa rin buti na lang my friends were there to ease up all the emotions that were building up in my head. I always calm myself before starting dahil ayoko nga magkandaleche leche ang gagawin namin.

The past days I've kept myself busy para hindi ko na rin matandaan yung ginawa ni Johnvic. Hindi rin sya nagparamdam after non. Ang kapal naman ng mukha nya kung may gana pa syang puntahan ako.

Anyway, I made the list of the entrees we're gonna serve today. It's buffet style naman so it'll be easier for the guests to find what they really want to eat.

I asked Pongs and my other sous chefs to come early today. We're serving 200 visitors. Madami yon kaya I need a lot of help in the kitchen. Buti na lang talaga willing sila to come early. Hay.

Please, remind me to give them bonus and special vacation. They deserve it.

We're serving them with appetizers, 5 different dishes - lamb, pork, beef, chicken and seafood, pasta, some soup and different varieties of salad and of course desserts. We also have a bar counter for drinks - alcoholic and non-alcoholic.

My chefs and I make sure that whatever we're gonna serve must be savory and healthy.

We all have different tasks in the kitchen so it wasn't so hard to deal with everything.

For appetizers we have, pica-pica, we have fried kangkong leaves breaded with salted egg and lettuce chips. We make our own and we make sure that all of our ingredients are fresh and organic. - Kring is in-charge with this. She's one of our sous chefs.

For the dishes, we have lamb, orange-roasted lamb chops, we want it simple. i marinated it overnight with garlic cloves, rosemary, orange and its zest. then grilled it for 10 mins and baked for 30 mins. - Kyla is with this one, another sous chef we have.

For the pork, we have the best prime rib, it is slowly cooked for 3 hours and brushed with the our own barbecue sauce. Our pastas are spaghetti with meatballs and penne with smoky pesto sauce - Joric is the one in-charge. He's our junior chef. Bago pa lang pero magaling talaga sya.

For the beef, just simple. We have the beef broccoli. And for the soup, we have the japanese spinach soup. I actually learned that when we attended the convention in Japan. - Pongs is in-charge.

For the chicken and seafood, it's also simple. I made chicken wings but with twists. I made different flavors. honey-lime, spicy chicken, and tandoori chicken drumsticks. For the seafood, I went for tuna, salmon and prawn. We have the prawn mango tarts, tuna ceviche, and salted-crusted salmon with braised leeks and hazelnut.

For the salad, we have the chicken caesar salad, salmon mango and asparagus salad and avocado salad.

I made the dessert, tropical crème brûlée and pineapple and mint frozen yogurt. I also baked the birthday cake for Peter.