~Chapter 5~

Rani hears the commotion outside of the Tree.  She woken up from the nap she had gotten , as she and the Night Pride came into the scene. 

As to their greatest surprise that the Lion Guard was already on the scene, as Rani notices Kion, who was battling Makucha on his own. 

Baliyo said, "Rani, what shall we do?" The chestnut lioness was unsure at first, but she knew that the Night Pride had to step in, no matter the cost. 

"We have to go into the battle. It's our duty to protect the Tree of Life. 

With strength and respect, Night Pride, Protect!" 

The Night Pride came as Rani pushes Makucha off of Kion. The red lion was stunned by the appearance of the Night Pride. 

"Rani! What you doing?" Kion said to her as she slashes an attack on the leopard, " I'm protecting the Tree of Life, Kion! " 

Kion couldn't believe how stubborn she was, but she does have a point. The Tree of Life is her home, and she wants to protect it as possible. 

"Rani, I don't want you to get hurt." Kion said to her as the lioness was shocked of his words. 

"Kion doesn't want me to get hurt? Why does he care about me?"  Rani thought in her mind, curiously of the actions of the young lion. 

The group got the invaders out eventually as Bunga declares, "Yeah, you better run!" 

Kion and Rani looked into each other's eyes for a long time, not uttering a word to each other as if they were in their own private world. 

"Kion! Kion!" Bunga said, interrupting their private moment together. Rani glares at the honey-badger as the lioness yawns as she was tired. 

Kion notices it right away, as he turns to her, "You should go back to the Tree of Life to rest. That battle really tired you out. "

Rani prosed, " Kion, I'm not tired at all. I need to protect the inhabitants of The Tree of Life. I'm the future queen." 

The lion replied, "I know that, but as the future queen, you have to take care of yourself first . What kind of a leader would you be if you're not fully rested? " 

 Surak turns to his niece, "Kion really does have a solid point, Rani. You have to trust him and the Lion Guard to do the nightly shifts for now while we're asleep. " 

Kion said, "Surak is right, we can take shifts so neither of us would be tired in case of Makucha and his army would attack again. Rani, please, for my sake. " 

Rani sighs as if she gave up, as she leaves the group. 

Kion sighs in total relief as Beshte said, "I never seen you act like that, Kion. That is rare of seeing you so concern about someone ." 

Bunga said, "Well, it has be really important to Kion. It's really weird too, coming from him." 

Anga rolls her eyes at the two animals as if that really annoyed her , as she said, "We should head into the patrol. Do you agree, Fuli?"

The cheetah was silent , as she was thinking in her own mind, as Ono asks, "Is something bothering you, Fuli?'

The cheetah realizes that they were looking at her strangely as the cheetah said, "N-Nothing is wrong with me, seriously! L-Let's just get this over with." 

The Lion Guard was following Fuli's lead, but Kion stayed behind to collect his thoughts.