~Chapter 13~

It was days since Kion and the Lion Guard had come back to the Pridelands, and it was still makes Kion uneasy of leaving Rani behind.

Kion decided to take this opportunity to take his mind off, by going to the Lair, to steam off.

To his ultimate surprise, his newly sister in law, Vitani was there, as she was in the lair with her Lion Guard lionesses surrounding her.

"Kion?" Vitani asks , to her surprise of seeing the young lion , as she walks towards him, "What you doing here?"

The lion looks at her, "I was about to ask you the same thing. What you doing inside the Lair, you're not the leader of the Lion Guard."

The lioness seem to be offended , as if that really annoyed of hearing it from her brother-in-law. "That is kind of the main point, Kion.

I am the Leader of the new Lion Guard. You and your friends weren't around, and I decided to form my own Lion Guard to protect the Pridelands. "

The lion wasn't too thrilled of having Vitani being the new leader of the guard, especially that she hasn't truly seen the amazing new abilities that the Roar can actually do.

Although, she did have a point. He and the Guard had been in the Tree of Life for months, because of getting healed for having that battle with Scar and his followers.

And thanks to that, Kion really got luck enough to actually to find love with Rani, the Queen of the Tree of Life.

He was silent for a moment as he really wanted to be alone for a moment. Vitani notices something was off, as she asks, "Is something bothering you, Kion?

Was it about me being the leader of the Guard?"

Kion shook his head, to reassure the lioness, "No, it's not that, Vitani. I was thinking of something else. "

The lioness was unsure of that he was actually telling the truth, but then all of a sudden, a Pridelander appears to both of the lions.

"There's trouble!"

Vitani said, "I can handle this , Kion. "

She assemble the lionesses, but Kion knew that it would lead to more than meets the eye. He went to see what the commotion was about , with the help of his own Lion Guard.

Both Lion Guards were in total mess, as they tried to get along with one other.

Nothing worked as Ono said, "Ok, we have to do something about this."

Fuli ask, "But what can we do? There is only room for one Lion Guard in the Pridelands, right?"

No one had a clue to solve this problem, until it was Makini who said, "How we do a contest for the position? "

"A contest?" Kion asks as if he never heard about it before, since he been on the Lion Guard since he was a cub.

"It's called, "Battle of the Lion Guard." I heard it only happens only when there is two Lion Guards are present and it's very common tradition." The mandrill explains to the confused lion.

Vitani thought for a moment, as if the idea actually is not a bad idea.

"I say we go for it. What you say, Kion?" She asks her brother -in- law for his suggestion of the situation.

The lion was silent, but then he smiles as if it really helps him of staying focus for a while.

"Yeah, let's do it, for the Pridelands." He said.