~Chapter 14~

Makini was with Rani, who was by herself, as she was still sad that Kion wasn't with her. The mandrill tries to reassure her, "Hey, everything would be all right, Queen Rani. I mean, if I known Kion, he will come back to you eventually." 

She wasn't too sure of that, but that was when Baliyo came rushing into the Tree with sweat, as if something amazing just happen. 

"Sis, you have to come outside! You wouldn't believe this." He said. Rani was curious of what her little brother meant, as she exchanges looks at Makini, who was clueless as she was, as the two animals walked to follow the young brown lion to the mountain pass.

To her total amazement, and pure shock, she saw Kion running towards her! 

"Rani!" He yells at her, as she couldn't handle her emotions any longer as both lions ran towards one other as they embraced happily of finally to be reunited after being away for so long. 

It was so perfect for the two lovers as they didn't even notice the animals surrounding seems to be watching the two lions in deeply in love with one another. 

"Ahem." Bunga coughs to get the lions' attention, as Kion and Rani realize that they were being watch as both of them were blushing red of total embarrassment as if this was the first time that they had an audience and now know of their secret love for one another. 

Kion and Rani quickly back off from their embrace as she looks at her lover in total confusion, "Kion, I don't understand. How you here, and who's that with you and the guard?"

Kion turns to his family as Simba and Nala step forward. 

"Mom , Dad, this is Rani. Queen Rani, ruler of the Tree of Life. Rani, these are my parents, Simba and Nala, King and Queen of the Pridelands." 

Rani bows in respect of meeting Kion's parents for the first time.

"It's an honor to meet you, your majesties." Rani said, as Simba said, "It's an honor to meet you too, Queen Rani. So, Kion, what's this about?"

Kion turns to Rani, "Rani, ever since I arrived here to the Tree of Life, my only goal was to get healed from the venom and helping Ono getting his sight back. 

But now, I think I now what my purpose is in the Circle of Life now." 

Rani looks at Kion curiously, as she was confused of what he was going to say next.

"I thought about it, what you said to me, before leaving the Tree of Life, that you were looking for a king. 

I love you, Rani, and I don't want to be apart from you ever again. Will you become my queen, here, in the Tree of Life?" He proposed. 

The animals in the Tree of Life and his family were amazed by Kion proposing to Rani. 

Rani said, "I thought that you wanted to stay at the Pridelands, Kion. It's your home." 

Kion said, smiling at her, "My home is with you, Rani. We'll be together forever." 

"It's going to be great that I'll gain another daughter. " Nala said, smiling, "I'm sure that both of you would be happy living here in the Tree of Life. " 

Simba added, "I'm proud of you, Kion. You become a great son, and leader of the Lion Guard. It's time for you to accept your own purpose in the Circle of Life. " 

Kion smiled at the comforting and encouraging words of his parents, as Kion was so happy to be with his mate. 

The royal family and friends including the new members of the Night Pride were waiting for the coronation of Kion. 

Kovu said, "I can't believe that Kion is going to become King of The Tree of Life! It's so great that he found love like we did." 

"To be honest, we didn't have an exactly good start, haven't we?" Kiara said, thinking about the events that happened when she met Kovu.

"Yeah, that's mostly true, considering of how much it took Simba to truly trusts me completely. As for your relationship with Kion, it's not a good start either, right?"

"Yeah, I do remember how much I thought Kion would be so stubborn and also thought that he was a cub who really doesn't have any purpose in the Circle of Life. 

How funny that life could actually be, that Kion's destiny to become the King of The Tree of Life was to having a game with Bunga?"

Kion walks up to his mate, "Queen Rani." 

"Kion, I'm so happy that the Roar has finally return, and I'm glad you're here too." 

"And this time, to stay. And I'm not going to leave the Tree of Life ever again." 

"I'm looking forward of ruling the Tree of Life with you." 

"We'll rule it together." Kion replied.

Makini walks up to Kion, as she marks Kion with a blue mark, symbolize him as the new King of The Tree of Life.

"Animals of the Tree of Life, friends from near and far, it is my honor to present you for the first time, the ruler of the Tree of Life, King Kion!" 

Kiara yells, "Yay, Kion!" 

Bunga said, "My best friend is a King! Unbungaelivable!" 

Rani and Kion muzzle each other in total embrace during the celebration of him becoming king.

Everyone was enjoying the festival , led by Makini and the Night Pride of welcoming the Lion Guard to their kingdom.

Rani and Kion was back on the same spot where they laid down to watch the stars. 

"Things would be different now, with you as the King, Kion." Rani said, as Kion looks at his beautiful queen.

"Yeah. But our future together, it is just the beginning. Someday, we will have cubs of our own, and we will make sure our children would embark their own journeys in the Tree of Life." Kion said.