Chapter 8

It was around 10:42pm and after a lot more checkups on Kara, J'onn finally allowed her to go home and properly rest. Alex took her phone out and dialed Maggie's number. A few seconds later Maggie picked up.

"Hey babe. Did you find Kara?"

"Yeah, we did. Hey I was gonna ask is it okay if Kara stays over at my place? J'onn is letting her go home and I don't want her to be alone in her apartment. Plus, my apartment is closer."

"Of course it's fine Alex. I'll go pick you up if you'd like."

"Yeah that would be great. Thanks babe. See you in a few."

Alex hung up the phone and walked over to the storage room and grabbed a grey t-shirt and black sweatpants with the DEO symbol on them for Kara. She walked back to the med bay and found Kara sitting down on the bed, still in her hospital gown.

"Hey, babygirl. I got you something more comfortable to wear." Kara nodded and thankfully took the clothes. She carefully got up with the help of Alex and went to go change. Kara returned after a few minutes later out of the ugly hospital gown and in the DEO clothing. She walked back to the med bay and sat down on the bed.

Alex's phone buzzed a few moments later. It was Maggie texting her to let her know that she has arrived. "Hey Kara, you're gonna stay over at my place. Maggie's here to pick us up." Kara nodded again. She hasn't really said anything at all since she returned, not even to Alex. Everyone was hoping that Alex would get her to speak.

Alex helped Kara out of the med bay, through the lobby, and out the door. The late night air was a little too cold so Alex look off her hoodie leaving her in her black tank top and placed it over Kara's shoulders. They spotted Maggie's car and got in.

"Hey babe." Maggie greeted her girlfriend with a soft kiss. "Hey little Danvers. I missed you." Maggie turned to face Kara, who was sitting in the back seat of the car. Kara gave Maggie a small smiled. Maggie started the car and started driving off.

It didn't take long to reach Alex's apartment. Alex helped Kara out and started walking towards her room, Maggie right behind them. Alex took out her key and opened the door. Kara just walked over to the couch and sat down, looking down at the floor.

Alex was about to walk over to her before she felt Maggie's hand on her shoulder, stopping her from going any further. "Hey Alex, I want to let you know that I'll be going to my old apartment." Alex looked at her with a confused look. "Why? Everything alright?" Maggie smiled before answering her questions. "Yes, everything is fine. Don't worry. I just thought I'd give you and Kara some time alone together." Maggie replied as she started walking to the room to retrieve her already packed bag.

"You don't have to Mags. You know that, right?." Alex followed behind Maggie. "I know I don't but I want to. You two need each other. Especially Kara. She just went through a month of hell. She needs her big sister more than anyone else." Maggie looked over at Kara with sad eyes. "It will only be for a week at most. I'll be back." Alex nodded with a smile on her face. "Thanks Mags." She gave Maggie a quick kiss on the cheek.

Maggie walked over to the couch where Kara was and knelt down. "I'm so glad you're alright. I'm right here for you if you ever need me." Kara nodded once again, not saying anything. Maggie leaned in and placed a soft kiss on Kara's temple before standing up and walking towards the door. "I'll see you in a week, Danvers." Maggie said placing one more kiss on Alex's lips before walking out. "See ya later, Mags." Alex replied before closing the door and locking it.

Alex looked over at Kara only to see that she was still looking at the ground except she was slightly shaking this time, rocking back and forth. Her mind went to 'protective big sister' mode and she quickly hurried to her and sat down next to her. She wrapped her arm around her and pulled her into a tight hug.

"Shh, I'm right here. I got you." Alex tried to calm her down but Kara just started shaking more, tears starting to release from her eyes. "A-alex, I-i can't keep it in a-anymore. I ha-have t-to tell you w-what h-h-happened." Kara said with a shakey breath.

Alex pulled her in a tighter hug, letting her know that she's all open ears. "Take your time. If you feel too uncomfortable, you can stop at any time." Kara nodded, taking in a deep breath before speaking as calmly as she possibly could.

"I don't even know where to start. It was just so bad. Everyday he just- he would-" Kara had to pause to take a deep breath. More tears started to form. Alex took her hand and gave it a small squeeze. Kara took another deep breath before continuing. Her voice this time sounded so emotionless.

"He would cause me any sort of physical pain you could think of. One day, he turned up the kryptonite emitters on the highest level. Another day, he was kicking me so much so hard in my stomach to the point I was nearly vomiting." Kara had to pause again. "He also hurt me with weapons. I have cuts on my stomach from a knife. He even had a whip and lashed me on my back."

Kara stopped for a moment before slipping out of Alex's hold. She took Alex's hoodie off before lifting up her shirt, reveling nasty scars all over her stomach and back. Alex's eyes widened as her hands flew to her mouth, muffling a loud gasp.

Kara quickly pulled down her shirt and wrapped her arms around herself. "Kara, I'm so sorry." Alex was lost for words. "They don't hurt as much as the memories do." Kara said before standing up, tears welling up in her eyes.

Alex stood up as well and carefully wrapped her arms around Kara. At that moment, Kara lost it. She broke down in that spot, collapsing to the ground. Alex knelt down, arms still wrapped around Kara. Alex whispered soothing sounds, trying to get Kara to relax.

After a while and a lot of crying, Kara was worn out. She couldn't keep her eyes open any longer. Alex carefully picked her up and took her to her bed. She laid her down before joining her. She wrapped an arm around her and pulled her close. Alex was still in shock after seeing Kara's wounds. She was going to make sure that bastard of a alien paid for causing her little sister so much pain.