Chapter 22

It was easier than Bani had expected as they climbed the wooden stairs of the lodge, midst of trees and groves, it looked a bit damp but will serve their purpose more than well....Todd broke opened the lock, they entered quickly, Toddy once again locked it to enter it from the back door, which Jacques opened for him....the Lodge was quite big, two rooms, with sitting space and washing place....a small kitchen...Sundari immediately went to inspect to see if they could find any ration.....Jacques and Todd took positions to keep watch by opening the curtains marginally.....

The room was musty but they were forbidden to open the widows, nothing should catch attention, Jacques instruction, you never know one of the men might see and get curious.....

There is enough dal and chawal in stock, enough for us I think so...Sundari came running, can we make some khichri, at least we need something to keep our energy....

I could do with hot water sponge too my feet is killing me....My lady groaned

But no lighting fire...the smoke will attract attention, Jacques snapped.....

The women looked at each other, Bani quickly opened her ration, what they were carrying, some dry snacks were not going to be enough specially with two male adults around....

Sundari was crestfallen, she could not imagine inspite of have ration, they will go hungry and now they will not be able to go out even in search of food.....

I think I know what to do....Sarah spoke.....

You do....My Lady exclaimed.....

See if this is a hunting lodge, there must be some probitions, maybe some charcoal too, you know people make bar-b-ques with meat, I am sure Jamal loves it....if we find charcoal and able to light them, low fire, less smoke, a bit time consuming but then what can be done....

Todd beamed, yes my lady, you are right, he bowed....just give me a moment, he again crept out, going below to the store room.....

They waited eagerly for him.......

+++++

As Todd gave them go ahead, Bani and Sundari made provisions for the food, from the rain water accumulated in the tank below, it was not the cleanest but if boiled could be used, Sundari quickly plucked some vegetables growing wild below the kitchen window most probably from the seeds thrown by the cooks, Jacque kept on warning them to remain close to cover next to the wall and not to venture out.....

Lets not under estimate the enemy.....Jacques warned them

Once food was taken care as it will take long enough to cook in slow fire, Bani now turned her attention to her daughter who was jumping all over Jacques, very happy to see him, making it impossible for Jacques to keep a watch, Sarah was standing in Todd's position to keep a watch.....

You said they will move fast, but then I see no movement Sarah commented.....

That too I am wondering...Jacques replied while he handed over Tara to Bani who started now cleaning her from the water Todd brought up.....

As Sundari helped My Lady by applying the oil Bani had made over her blisters...Sarah once again observed....they are moving in small groups, she crouched to get a better look from the midst of the trees, adjusting the binocular...

Jacques quickly went over to her position and took the binocular from her.....yes so it seems, they are breaking into small groups to look for us......

Maybe that or maybe as you had said they are not prepared, so waiting for some supplies as one group goes to look for us, we have got good cover, now lets take rest, Gov'nor you lie down for sometime while I keep the watch with My Lady Sarah.....when the food is cooked I will have hearty lunch and sleep for solid 3 hours before I do anything else.....