xiv

A gunshot rang through the TARDIS. The Doctor gasped dramatically., running over to the bullet hole in the time rotor casing. The TARDIS shook left and right.

"You shot it!" He yelled, wrapping his arms around the casing. "You shot my TARDIS!"

"It's your fault!" Mels yelled at him, hanging on to the railing as tight as she could.

"Argh! How was that my fault?" The Doctor yelled at her.

"You said guns didn't work in this place. You said we're in a state of temporal grace," she screamed back at him. Nina let go of the railings to walk over to the console, with difficulty. The Doctor did the same as they started to work the controls, trying to stabilize the machine.

"That was a clever lie, you idiot! Anyone could tell that was a clever lie!"

The TARDIS spun out of control until it crashlanded. Earth, somewhere in Europe, 1938, Nina could feel it. A white, probably deadly smoke started to poor out of the bullet hole, and everyone started to cough.

"Out, out out!" The Doctor yelled, pushing everyone towards the exit. "Eveybody out!"

"Where are we?" Amy asked, coughing the smoke out of her lungs.

"A room," the Doctor answered, waving his hand around.

"What room?" Rory asked.

"I don't know, I haven't memorized every room in the universe," he yelled at him. "I had yesterday off."

"Northern Europe, 1938," Nina told them. At the same time, Mels popped her head inside the TARDIS, looking around inside. The Doctor soon ran there, pulling her out.

"Mels don't go in there!" He yelled, pulling the gun from her and closing the TARDIS door. "Bad smoke! Don't breathe the bad, bad, smoke. Bad, deadly smoke, because somebody shot my TARDIS!" He yelled at her.

"Nina, I think this guy is hurt," Rory called her name, kneeling by an unconscious man on the ground. He was wearing an uniform Nina knew way too well. Still, Nina rushed to his side and kneeled by the man's head. "No, wait. He's fine," Rory realized. Nina scanned the man for any physical injuries and couldn't find any. She placed her fingers by his neck and the heartbeat was strong and normal.

The Doctor didn't know what to do with the gun in his hand, so he just dropped it into a fruit bowl on the desk. The man hiding behind the desk finally came up, his back turned to the rest of the room.

"Ooh, hello! Sorry, is this your office?" The Doctor asked the man. "Had a sort of collision with my vehicle. Faults on both sides, let's say no more about..." Nina and Rory walked next to the Doctor and Amy, who were standing in front of the desk. They froze when the man turned around and every single one of then recognized him.

"Is that...?" Amy trailed off. "No, it can't be. Doctor?"

"Thank you. Whoever you are, I think you have just saved my life," Hitler said.

"Believe me," Nina told him, looking at him straight in the eye. "It was an accident."

Hitler's attention soon turned to the TARDIS, behind them. "What is that thing?" He asked, walking down from behind his desk to the TARDIS.

"What did he mean we saved his life? We could not have saved Hitler," Amy told the Doctor. He walked angrily to Mels.

"You see?" He asked her, eyebrows raised. "You see, time travel. Never goes to plan." Mels rolled her eyes.

"This box, what is it?" Hitler asked him. The Doctor turned around to face him, slowly walking in his direction.

"It's a police telephone box from London, England," the Doctor told him, his voice low and scary. Hitler widened his eyes when he found out where the box came from. "That's right, Adolf, the British are coming!"